GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Options... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options...

Hi Guys ...

Here's my debt http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...E-Diary/page15

A few years ago I entered into a DMP with CCS, but I decided I'd try the UE route, then life got in the way and I shoved my head back into the sand in the hope it would all go away. It didn't. One court claim later and I can't handle the stress of that again. So what I was wondering is ... How difficult is it to set up and self manage a DMP, do they still ask for copies of payslips and details of every outgoing, or is it possible to (this sounds a bit cheeky but here goes) kind of pay them the very minimum to keep them off my back whilst I save up to make a full and final offer of payment? If you see what I mean...

Thanks in advance

Re: Options...

I probably should add that I've been so ignorant that at this moment in time I don't even know who owns which debt anymore, in terms of debt collectors taking over debts, etc.

Shameful I know....

Comment

Hi, it is possible if you spend the time to collate all the information. There is a standard I&E somewhere on the site (i think) that can be completed.
      Do you have any information from your earlier DMP as that could be a good starting point.

List all accounts, check on any UE responses that you may have to try and compile a list of who owns what.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

First off you need to make a list of what you owe and to whom, once you've done that then its a case of writing to them and finding out who's handling them.

In the meantime make an income and expenditure sheet, (I didn't say this next bit) and make it worse than it really is, then you can offer them the bare minimum and of course you can save up and do F & F settlements, it will take effort and organisation, but will be worth it.

Most DCA's will take a small offer as long as you support it with a good I & E.

Comment

Originally posted by jaci View Post
          Shameful I know....
          not at all Jaci.

I would try and keep all your stuff in one place (the diary) as its easier for members to read your updates and offer advice. Its also easier for you to look back on advice given rather than bookmarking different threads.

As for paying off, the general consensus is to not pay (as a brief look on your diary suggests you aren't paying) a penny until if / things turn naughty and then use the money saved up for a full and final. The idea being the more the debt is passed around various bunches of incompetencies (some are worse than others!) the less they will accept.

All the best with it.

SA Gold
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jaci View Post
            Hi Guys ...

Here's my debt http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...E-Diary/page15

A few years ago I entered into a DMP with CCS, but I decided I'd try the UE route, then life got in the way and I shoved my head back into the sand in the hope it would all go away. It didn't. One court claim later and I can't handle the stress of that again. So what I was wondering is ... How difficult is it to set up and self manage a DMP, do they still ask for copies of payslips and details of every outgoing, or is it possible to (this sounds a bit cheeky but here goes) kind of pay them the very minimum to keep them off my back whilst I save up to make a full and final offer of payment? If you see what I mean...

Thanks in advance
            You are naughty!! But don't beat yourself up

I would check your diary and DMP list and compile a list I certainly wouldn't be offering payments to any that are UE or have been quiet for a while. I would take it very softly and deal with them as they erupt (if they ever do). The secret is the filing, you must keep track of what is what and who is who or you will get completely lost. I know the court things are really stressful but if you keep on top of the correspondence, there is a good chance that courts won't feature. You need to keep batting them away, we're still batting eejits off 4 years in, a long time since those days with the paddlers on MSE!

I'd go buy myself a filing system and get it sorted so that you know where you stand, then deal as they pop up. You know we'll be here to help out, we would never cut you adrift.............

Comment

Working...
            X