GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Payplan emaile'd me about the annual review - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Payplan emaile'd me about the annual review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payplan emaile'd me about the annual review

I wrote back telling them we don't need one as we are not paying the creditors as the debts are UE

I got another email saying , that it is a creditor requirement that an annual review be sent to them .

I wrote back saying , as there are only 2 accounts that are being paid both are court orders (charge and ccj) the payments are set and wont be missed

I got another email saying okay and that they will send the information off to the creditors

It's a different story now , before joining here and going for UE the creditors intimidated us with their demands and we always complied, now we are in control and tell them what we are doing (not doing) : :

Re: Payplan emaile'd me about the annual review

Just had another email from payplan with this message

Hello Spent2much,

Thank you for your message.

It is important for us to review whether you have the right debt solution to meet your needs. It is not only our duty of care but also a regulatory requirement that we complete this even if your circumstances haven't changed.

As we are now regulated by the Fiancial Conduct Authority they are requesting that we go through this call for you each year. If we do not, we will send in the last financial statement to your two creditors with no amendments since last year when we last went through a review. The creditors do also request that we go through this review with you to make sure that your budget is up to date.

However, this is completely your decision and if you still do not want to go through the review then let us know. If you do though, please se the documents we would appreciate to receive from you for the appointment.

Can you send in:

-A copy of either payslip or bank statement covering the last 2 months.

-A mortgage statement (own house and buy to let properties)

- HP details for any outstanding agreements.

And if you can please have to hand for the appointment:

-All income and expenditure details

-Asset details = pensions/life insurance etc.

​I'm not doing a review lol

Comment

That's a horribly intrusive shopping list right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
        i know the cheek eh !

Comment

just ignore them Spent

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            just ignore them Spent

i am doing, they said if i don't have the annual review they will send off an old I and E , they can for all i care .

Comment

Tell them to go forth and multiply
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

yep

Comment

Originally posted by Grassy_K View Post
                  Intrusive? Thats not the word I'd use!

Lets look at what creditors would be thinking when handed this information:

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                  -A copy of either payslip or bank statement covering the last 2 months.
                  Thanks IDIOT! We can not now only see your monthly salary, but also what you have earned and paid in tax over the year up to that tax month. Not particularly fair if you have perhaps been given a one off bonus, or commission payments which cannot be relied upon as regular salary but we'll make sure we include it when we make up the figure for what we think you earn every month.

We also now know where you work, because you've moved jobs since we shafted you when you got into a little trouble with payment, but now we can get the switchboard number for the company you work, harass you, and drop unsubtle hints to your colleagues as to why we're calling to put you under pressure MOOHAHA

-A mortgage statement (own house and buy to let properties)
                  Oooo! Look! Not only do we now know how much we think you earn but now we know if you've got equity too, assess the risk of starting a court claim much more easily (when we wouldn't normally have that information easily to hand) and if we get a court order then apply for a subsequent charging order too. At the very least we're going to threaten you with this to put more pressure on you.

HP details for any outstanding agreements
                  Got a car loan? Now we know whether you may have some equity in the car you have once the HP is paid off. Doesn't matter if you need it for work, but if we apply for BR we'll know we'll get our money.

-All income and expenditure details
                  Income is usually easy to determine - its one figure. But expenditure is much more difficult to state and we're not going to help you with the detail that should be in there according to the Common Financial Statement. We're certainly not going to be open about the trigger figures, especially if you're spending less!

-Asset details = pensions/life insurance etc.
                  Now we know if you have any more money we could go after - bend over and hand us the vaseline

- - - Updated - - -

i am doing, they said if i don't have the annual review they will send off an old I and E , they can for all i care .
                  Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                  Tell them to go forth and multiply
                  +1!
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    Intrusive? Thats not the word I'd use!

Lets look at what creditors would be thinking when handed this information:

Thanks IDIOT! We can not now only see your monthly salary, but also what you have earned and paid in tax over the year up to that tax month. Not particularly fair if you have perhaps been given a one off bonus, or commission payments which cannot be relied upon as regular salary but we'll make sure we include it when we make up the figure for what we think you earn every month.

We also now know where you work, because you've moved jobs since we shafted you when you got into a little trouble with payment, but now we can get the switchboard number for the company you work, harass you, and drop unsubtle hints to your colleagues as to why we're calling to put you under pressure MOOHAHA

Oooo! Look! Not only do we now know how much we think you earn but now we know if you've got equity too, assess the risk of starting a court claim much more easily (when we wouldn't normally have that information easily to hand) and if we get a court order then apply for a subsequent charging order too. At the very least we're going to threaten you with this to put more pressure on you.

Got a car loan? Now we know whether you may have some equity in the car you have once the HP is paid off. Doesn't matter if you need it for work, but if we apply for BR we'll know we'll get our money.

Income is usually easy to determine - its one figure. But expenditure is much more difficult to state and we're not going to help you with the detail that should be in there according to the Common Financial Statement. We're certainly not going to be open about the trigger figures, especially if you're spending less!

Now we know if you have any more money we could go after - bend over and hand us the vaseline

- - - Updated - - -

+1!

all correct , this is something new from payplan and because we have only two creditors with them we send them £8.89 a month to send off to them , i might dump payplan and just set up a standing order for the two creditors .

Comment

Working...
                    X