GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Income and Exp - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Income and Exp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income and Exp

Hiya

As you may know I am currently on a DMP with CCCS (or Stepchange as they are now known).

My review is way overdue, and had been putting it off while I was sending for CCA's etc. Plus I feel I am not budgeting enough for things like food so I reckon what I am paying now will have to reduce. (currently £138 per month)

Anyway, CCCS sent me a couple of reminders, but now I have received a letter from Lloyds TSB re the credit card advising my review is overdue and that they require an income and expenditure. Just wondered what I should do as was quite surprised to receive this as I've had no direct contact since I started the DMP almost 4 years ago. Should I contact CCCS or supply LTSB with the IE. I have been toying for a while with the idea of stopping the managed DMP and doing my own, but didn't want to upset anything as it's been going ok. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Income and Exp

I certainly wouldn't send LTSB an IE.

If you're happy to continue with the DMP with CCCS/StepChange, then I'd contact them.

What happened with the ccas? Were any UE?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie

I've never received anything for the loan (which was from 2008 so assuming it was enforceable) but that's another story altogether of LTSB just not having a clue!! For the credit card they sent a document that Niddy told me to send them back the missing PT's template for. Just waiting on a reply for that now. Reluctant to just stop paying them at this stage as have equity in our house and don't want to take any chances.

Comment

In that case I'd contact CCCS/StepChange and tell them that you're struggling to pay for food and ask for your payments to be reduced.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

sorry Pixie i have to disagree

if you definitely want to continue with the DMP, call CCCS and TELL them that you need the payment reduced

Comment

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
            Thanks Pixie

I've never received anything for the loan (which was from 2008 so assuming it was enforceable) but that's another story altogether of LTSB just not having a clue!! For the credit card they sent a document that Niddy told me to send them back the missing PT's template for. Just waiting on a reply for that now. Reluctant to just stop paying them at this stage as have equity in our house and don't want to take any chances.
            Why would you assume that the loan was enforceable? Until you get something back from them, then you won't know where you stand....

If you think creditors/DCAs can just come along and slap a property charge on your home, please have a re-think. it's not as simple as that.
            Last edited by PriorityOne; 24 May 2013, 17:25.
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Not posted about my debts for a really looong time, it basically ground to a halt as I was dealing with too many things at once, including several PPI claims, and repaying family members as priority and I just couldn't keep up.

I've now received PPI refunds for all but one of my claims (still ongoing saga with Mortgage PPI) and I have now, with the proceeds of said successful PPI claims, paid my family IN FULL!! Yeeha!!

So, last few days I have been thinking about my DMP that I have been in for 6 YEARS now and the balance is going down very very slowly. I have paid £12500 over the last 6 years but the balance owing is still £25K (between the loan and credit card.) I am overdue a review but I have had no hassle from LTSB, just a regular statement re credit card and advising a review is due but nothing heavy. At this point I am unable to increase what I am paying per month so it's going to take years to pay this off.

Then, just 15 mins ago, I got a letter from Lloyds advising that my credit card debt has been sold to Idem Servicing and advising that payments should now go to them and they will be contacting my DMP company to advise them of this change. How is this likely to affect my DMP? Will they start pressuring me for more money or get antsy if I start paying less. I am happy to go down the unenforceable route again, but I am still worried about this as we have a lot of equity in our home and don't want anything going wrong there. I know PriorityOne reassured me somewhat about this before, but it is still a concern for me.

Thoughts would be gratefully received.

Thanks again!

Comment

How much of your monthly payment is going towards the debts and how much to the DMC? How old are the debts?

We have equity in our house and I started a DIY DMP in 2003. I started UE in 2008 and have found a lot of my accounts to be UE. Before AAD I gained a CCJ and successfully fought a CO; with the help of AAD I have had a case discontinued. Some of my accounts are about to become SB, some I am still battling.

Depending on what action you want to take and what paperwork you receive, you can gain guidance and suggestions from AAD - you must make any decisions that you feel comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  How much of your monthly payment is going towards the debts and how much to the DMC? How old are the debts?

We have equity in our house and I started a DIY DMP in 2003. I started UE in 2008 and have found a lot of my accounts to be UE. Before AAD I gained a CCJ and successfully fought a CO; with the help of AAD I have had a case discontinued. Some of my accounts are about to become SB, some I am still battling.

Depending on what action you want to take and what paperwork you receive, you can gain guidance and suggestions from AAD - you must make any decisions that you feel comfortable with.
                  The whole monthly payment goes to my debts, I am with Step Change so no charge. I am happy to keep going with them, I just thought doing it myself I'd have no middle man to answer to. They have been good with me, but you can sometimes feel like you are having to justify every penny you spend, and that it makes me feel like should be living like a pauper until I am debt free. Lol

When I looked at UE before I'm sure the stuff LTSB sent me for the credit card was not enforceable according to Niddy, but they never did send me anything relating to the loan, but I never properly chased it up. I should have kept on top of that! LTSB also settled my PPI complaint and sent me a chq in refund which I was surprised at, I thought they'd have used it to pay the card off. I could have used it to pay it off but I used it to pay back my family as they took priority for me.

Comment

Yes LTSB sent a very useful cheque which did not go towards the debt which hasn't been paid since 2008 but isn't statute barred because of the PPI payment. You can send another CCA letter, as long as there is one month between requests you can as many as you want.

Just update your UE diary
                    Last edited by cymruambyth; 2 July 2015, 16:09.

Comment

I agree with Cym...send new CCA requests to Lloyds TSB. Well done on paying back your family I wouldn't feel guilty about using the PPI payment for that.

I'd seriously consider stopping the DMP and look at UE, unless of course you want to spend the next 12 years living like a pauper. If you can save part of your current monthly DMP payment you could use it for a F&F settlement if things became heavy. However, the choice is yours and there's certainly no harm in sending of the CCA requests.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        I agree with Cym...send new CCA requests to Lloyds TSB. Well done on paying back your family I wouldn't feel guilty about using the PPI payment for that.

I'd seriously consider stopping the DMP and look at UE, unless of course you want to spend the next 12 years living like a pauper. If you can save part of your current monthly DMP payment you could use it for a F&F settlement if things became heavy. However, the choice is yours and there's certainly no harm in sending of the CCA requests.
                        Thanks! Yes I think I'll send new requests and see what happens from there.

Comment

Just update your UE diary when you get anything back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            Just update your UE diary when you get anything back.
                            Will do! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X