GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script British Gas: default from 2007 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Gas: default from 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas: default from 2007

Hi

After many years of terrible credit I FINALLY had an excellent credit score. All my defaults had dropped off as I had an excellent score.... until

background: I moved out of a jointly rented flat when I split up with an ex boyfriend, in 2007. As far as I was aware, all bills were cleared.

i now have a default on my credit file, saying the account is now satisfied and the default was discharged in January 2017 for a. £21 debt!

Surely this can't be right? The default was 10 years ago!!!

Re: British Gas: default from 2007

You're not alone.

https://debtcamel.co.uk/british-gas-default/
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: British Gas: default from 2007

Originally posted by Riz View Post

THANK YOU!!!i

Comment

I have had a similar issue - a default marked on my credit report in Nov 2017 for electric used in 2010 at an old address.

Whats made it worse is that when I registered with Experian, they ask for your last 6 years addresses, and the one that the amount relates to was longer then 6 years ago, and so I never got to see the credit reporting from BG, which has been '6' for the complete 6 year cycle on the credit report. I disputed the amount in 2010 but was ignored after I asked them to demonstrate the amount owed instead of just 'a letter'.
        So far they are refusing to remove but I am going to email the CEO with the reasons that I believe it has been unfairly reported.

Has anyone had any success with getting them removed?
        Thanks

Comment

You do have to keep on at them . I recently found out that the credit score goes on the PROPERTY , not the person renting. This resulting in him looking like he had a poor credit score, which he hadn t really, the previous tenant had left a debt with BG...How crazy is that.!!
          I was doing this problem for a friend as he is not well enough to cope with this idiotic company. They were desperate to not let him go to the company of his choice, in the end we just threatened them with ombudsman , CEO you name it . But what a performance!!

Experian did remove it...eventually ...
          If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Working...
          X