GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default with British gas - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default with British gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default with British gas

Help!

I took some time off work and I've been traveling for the past 2 years now.

I recently lost my mum last year and Our house is mortgaged. As the administrator, I have started probate proceedings and was planning to get it transferred to my name but got decline for mortgage also I lost my dad about 15 years ago too.
    I'm surprised I got declined because Been with experian for over a year now n score is 999.
    The mortgage advisor told me about 'checkmyfile' then I discovered it was from British gas utility bill from my student flat in 2014. I moved out in January and called British gas to close my account which I paid by direct debit then I went traveling in February 2014. I got defaulted in December 2014 but was out of the country and wasn't aware of it until now. The bill is for £143.

Please I need help on how to go about getting this removed. I have done research and I learnt I can try the sympathy route because it's such a small amount and tell them my situation if not I can lose my home or I can ask them to prove they follow the proper channel n confirm where it was sent to.

Either ways... I would like it to be removed ASAP cos the lenders are getting impatient as they can't lend money to a deceased person and have given me till July to remortgage if not they will be force to start proceedings for Repossession.

Thanks

Re: Default with British gas

Your credit score is irrelevant - check my file isn't a CRA. You were misinformed. The 3 CRA's are Experian, Equifax & Call credit.

If you've already paid then charges were added after you left you can contact the default entry holder, ie British Gas. Email their CEO - they can fix these errors. We've helped others on here succeed so do a search for British Gas defaults to find more.

-> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post448442
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X