GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vodafone default. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vodafone default.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone default.

Hi again, i have a Vodafone problem. They have defaulted my credit file for the last three months, they have sent a Debt Collection Agency chasing me and they have refused to ammend/correct my Credit file via a request to Noddle. I don't and havn't owed Vodafone any money. I do have a mobile phone account with them.
    I'll explain more................I've been with them 10 years plus. I have a contract for £21 per month. I never go over it, its unlimited minutes, texts etc....My contracted date was up in May 2015 and i've just been on a rolling contract since then.

Around August 2015 i started to be blocked from making outgoing calls, and an automated message saying contact your service provider. Although i could still recieve calls and texts, i just couldn't make them. This was a minor inconvinience as i would ring the Vodafone 191 number which it allowed me to do and i would ask them to reconnect me. They would apologise and reconnect me. This started happening a few times a Month, sometimes even weekly. It got to the point where i would ring up to be reconnected and they would say..sorry about that we will credit your account with £5 as an apology, or we'll give you an extra 1GB of data as an apology etc....
    I came to understand that because my account had been put on a new system my account was also duplicated on their old system. So although i had paid it only registered on one account and not the other, hence my suspension of service. I spent a lot of time on Vodafone chat and phone to sort this out. During this time if i logged onto My Vodafone account it showed two accounts for me, neither of which i could access a bill. They just showed "we are setting up services for this account". I requested paper bills, they never sent them.

In December 2015 things took a turn for the worse. My phone showed no signal/service at all and when i got home to log onto My Vodafone account i didn't have one. I rang them up from home, they couldn't find my account. I'd been completley disconnected and cut off. They eventually found my details and after a weekend of no service reconnected me, they where very apologetic. I recieved a letter in the post telling me thanks for agreeing to a new 12 month contract. I thought that was a bit cheeky, but the main thing was that i was up and running again so everything should be fine..............

January 2016, i recieve a letter from a Debt Collection agency on behalf of Vodafone for £58. This figure makes no sense to me as i paid £21 a month and had never missed. Also more importantly Vodafone had never sent me a bill, nor ever asked me for £58. I contacted the Debt Collection Agency i told them i owe nothing to Vodafone, i've never had a bill from them either for that amount and i suggest they send the account right back to Vodafone. They agreed they would do that and advised me to check my credit file. I checked my credit file and had a default registered against me November 2015 £43 AA (1). December 2015 £27 AA (2). Then my Vodafone account was again closed and i was disconnected again completlely. I again rang up Vodafone accounts, got a very helpfull guy. He had to contact an outside agency where my account had been sent to, Collections Dept i assume. He got my account back, reconnected me after a few days. He also identified the defaults registered in November and December as being incorrect. He was very apologetic and told me they would be removed.

February 2016, check my credit file again. I now have another default registed from Vodafone. January 2016 £60 BB (3). Throughout all this time i'm constantly onto Vodafone complaining. And they're all still on my file. I thought i'm getting nowhere here so i'll escalate it through Noddle. I disputed the amount registered against me as a default for them three Months, and infact said i owed them nothing. I've now got a reply back from Noddle saying Vodafone has advised that the disputed entries cannot be ammended as per my request. Contact Vodafone directly. I'm just getting nowhere with it.

Could anyone offer any advise as what to try next as i'm getting no joy with Vodafone?

Re: Vodafone default.

Hi, Vodafone appear to be competing with BT for their customer service. Have you tried complaining here http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/landcomplain? As it has been over 8 weeks you can go to them. Alternatively, try and find the details of vodafone's ceo and complain direct recorded delivery.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Vodafone default.

I would suggest to write or email vodafone instead of ringing as that way there is a record of it. Customer Services email address is consumer@help.vodafone.co.uk and their postal address Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN. The ceo's email address is jeroen.hoencamp@vodafone.com.

It's ridiculous that you're being put through all this when it isn't your fault. I'd be wanting compensation for the worry too.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X