GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Natwest Credit Card Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natwest Credit Card Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest Credit Card Default

Hi All I hope this is in the right location
    Okay so i have a Natwest Credit card and have owned it for around 2 years. Payments always up to date until i lost my job owing £2000. I started a thread (Tesco Loan cannot afford) so i used some letter templates from that.
    I therefore in June sent Natwest a letter recorded delivery explaining my situation asked for all interest and charges to be stopped and for them to accept £1 a month payments.
    I didnt hear back. In July i sent another letter and again no response. I then made a complaint and the complaints team were dealing with it. The complaints team said they froze charges and interest until i submit a financial statement which i thought was pointless as my income was zero. Neverless i did.

In September they finally sent me a letter explaining they will accept my £1 payment for six months, however they have sent me a default notice stating i am £139 in arrears over my limit. I then contacted Natwest as they had not stopped interest for June/July/August or September putting me into arrears.

I spoke to them and the staff member in collections stated she would refer it back to the complaints department regarding the interest (still waiting to hear from them !). She also said to ignore the default as they do this as a matter of course and no collection action will be taken unless i dont meet the £1. They are sending in 21 days the termination letter which she said again to ignore as its strongly worded !. Is this right as i dont trust them !!

Any advice or if anyone has had the same issues with natwest it would be good to hear from you

Re: Natwest Credit Card Default

They must comply with s.87 before termination. As you're in breach they're technically calling in the arrears.

Don't worry about defaults. You will get defaults so forget credit for 6 years. We will help with the debt - new credit should be the last thing on your mind right now. So try and forget defaults in that respect.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Natwest Credit Card Default

Thanks never in doubt I shall wait for the letters and see if they do take any further action

Comment

Working...
      X