GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Santander Unlawful Default Help Required - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santander Unlawful Default Help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Santander Unlawful Default Help Required

Evening all,

Been a while since I posted on this thread.

Santander finally did the deed and put a DN on my credit file. fecking

3 years on an agreed payment plan and these bastards do this to me.

Anyway I called the ICO this afternoon and they have suggested I write to Santander and request they back date the DN as the ICO guidelines state that a default should be added after 3-6 months of arrears not 3 years.

If they refuse the ICO have advised me to lodge an official complaint with them and they will look into the matter for me.

He did point out this was only a guideline but all the same they should also be following the terms of the contract. And by agreeing to a reduced payment plan they have in effect agreed to work outside the agreement that is in place.

By all accounts they are getting more and more complaints about organizations agreeing to payment plans then after a few years screwing people over like they done to me.

I just get the impression they can just do as they please and walk all over consumers with little or no recourse at all when they don't play fare.

Anyway just an update

Cheers as always

Scrappy Coco

P.S. So in effect when my other 2 DN drop off I'll still be left with this fecker for another 3 years if they don't agree
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Morning all,

Sorry it's been a while but had nothing to report and still have nothing to report.

I have sent Santander 3 letters and spoken to them on the phone twice and 6 months on and still not heard a bloody word back from them.

I would have thought given they are partly to blame with the issue I have and the DN they would have at least afforded me some professional courtesy and responded to my polite (begging) request. Who am I trying to kid

Next steps?? I haven't a clue.

The ICO said they would look into this matter as Santander have operated way outside of the guidelines but this could take months and months to resolve.

I'm just pissed because in effect instead of having a clean CR in 18 months - 2yrs time I'm fecked for another 3yrs after that.

If I had no other defaults Santander have in effect fecked my CR for a total of 9 years. How the fuck is that fair? It bloody well isn't that's for sure.

I really hope the Spanish economy completely crashes and every single one of those mother fuckers burns in hell. Especially all working at SATAN-DER

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

P.S. Niddy, if you happen to pop in a read this, I'd really appreciate your thoughts and possible angles I could approach this from. It's like and itch that pops up now and then which I can't manage to scratch.
      Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 25 May 2013, 05:55.

Comment

Hi ladies and gents

need some legal advice. Want to take Santander to court.

Any my help will be much appreciated

thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

you may want to pm Niddy about this
          I take it it's about the default ? x
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
            you may want to pm Niddy about this
            I take it it's about the default ? x
            Hi nightwatch,

You would be correct in your thinking. I've tried and tried to get through to these people and I'm banging my head against a wall

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Afternoon all,

It's been a bloody long time, but having to deal with the divorce from hell hasn't helped much. Anyway all that is done and dusted so I'm back.

I finally got the default backdated but without some serious issues along the way and I will give Santander their due. They did their best (Never thought I'd hear myself say that)

Santander sold the account outright to Robinson Way (Hoist). Robinson Way kept refusing to back date the default on my credit file because this was the information they had been provided with.

I have half a dozen letters from Santander making the request to Robinson Way and eventually it got resolved. The default has been sitting on all 3 CRA books for 12 months longer than it should have and now Robinson Way are chasing money and threatening to come round and start legal action etc but sending the letters to my block of flats but without the flat number on them. Postie is just leaving them on top of the communial post box.

Shall I completely ignore and deny I ever got them?

Have I got any grounds for a claim against Robinson Way for not acting on the information Santander provided and leaving a default for 12 months than legally required?

Default Notice Santander originally sent has been confirmed to be faulty due to date issues but that can't stand now as the default date had to be back dated as santander confirmed they didn't follow procedure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, where do I pay for my subscription again as I got an email advising it had expired

Many thanks

Scrappy Coco

Comment

click the AAD+ sighn at the top of the page, should take you to the AAD+ main page top right has subscriptions options, well my page has any way.
                Welcome back xx
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Subscription renewed

Comment

Subscription renewed

Comment

Afternoon all,

It's just dawned on me why I've started to get some many letters (3-4 a week) with the wrong address on them. I've checked my records and this account is statute barred in about 6-8 months. So please keep sending them the wrong address lol. Not that I'd be paying them taking into account the time it took to rectify the DN on my credit file (12 months longer than it should have been there) The DN is not worth the paper it's written on and the fact FOS ruled in my favour and told Santander to refund my PPI due to the agreement being pants.

Fingers crossed I can ride this one out like all the others that have been and gone

Many thanks

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Morning all,

Can someone advise how I post in the ADD+ area? I seem to have forgotten everything its been so long

Thanks

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                          I've checked my records and this account is statute barred in about 6-8 months. So please keep sending them the wrong address lol. Not that I'd be paying them taking into account the time it took to rectify the DN on my credit file (12 months longer than it should have been there) The DN is not worth the paper it's written on and the fact FOS ruled in my favour and told Santander to refund my PPI due to the agreement being pants.

Fingers crossed I can ride this one out like all the others that have been and gone

Can you email me a copy of the Default Notice when you email me 'everything else' later as agreed.

Di

Comment

Working...
                          X