GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script N.D.R. - Issues regards Littlewoods Catalogues - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N.D.R. - Issues regards Littlewoods Catalogues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.D.R. - Issues regards Littlewoods Catalogues

Hello,
    My wife and I have two Catalogue accounts Littlewoods Extra for my wife, and Additions for myself. Advised by C.A.B. we offered these companies a nominal payment plan of £1.00 per month as we had other debts.

Both of these debts were passed on to N.D.R. We wrote to N.D.R. with a payment plan with the same advice from C.A.B. £1.00 per month.

Littlewoods Extra went from £547 to £1400 while with N.D.R. and the Abound/Additions account went to £1450 from £580.
    I wrote to N.D.R. on many occasions asking no BEGGING them to reconsider adding interest and other charges with absolutely no response.
    Both accounts are now with Lowell’s who so far have accepted the plans

Re: N.D.R.

This is typical NDR behaviour and they should not have been adding such extortionate charges, especially as they knew you were being assisted by CAB.

Have you kept all correspondance? In addition to Niddys tack you should also be looking to getting those charges refunded.

£25 a pop is a typical 'charge' NDR apply for 'not being able to contact you'. So in other words, they try to call you once, don't get hold of you and slap a charge on your account.

Like to see them argue how that is fair, or if it is in a credit agreement in the unlikely event they have one.

Best

SnV
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by green-Bowler View Post
      Hello,
      My wife and I have two Catalogue accounts Littlewoods Extra for my wife, and Additions for myself. Advised by C.A.B. we offered these companies a nominal payment plan of £1.00 per month as we had other debts.

Both of these debts were passed on to N.D.R. We wrote to N.D.R. with a payment plan with the same advice from C.A.B. £1.00 per month.

Littlewoods Extra went from £547 to £1400 while with N.D.R. and the Abound/Additions account went to £1450 from £580.
      I wrote to N.D.R. on many occasions asking no BEGGING them to reconsider adding interest and other charges with absolutely no response.
      Both accounts are now with Lowell’s who so far have accepted the plans
      I bet if you raised a complaint and requested a full breakdown of these fantasy charges.... that they'd run for cover!

Send a CCA request to both by rec. delivery and let's see exactly what the have (if anything)....
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Green-Bowler

Shop Direct/NDR look to double the amount owing through charges before defaulting you and then flogging the debt off to either Lowells or Capquest, and then claiming tax relief on the overinflated balance. This pretty much covers their losses so don't feel pressured by them in the slightest, this is for them a purely commercial decision on how they deal with debtors.

This is the type of charge I am referring to shown in the letter below. Did you get any such charge after CAB had contacted them with your payment offer.

If so you should be asking for an immediate refund of those charges as there is no possible way to argue that they have been unable to contact you as dialogue was taking place.

There is the issue of charging for sending out template letters.

I was able to demonstrate that there was no 'substantial effort' as:

1) These charges were being made monthly, at the same time of the month, so were effectively being used as regular charges to bump up the balance

2) I had multiple accounts, and was receiving the same 'substantial effort' letter proving beyond doubt that this was just churned out of a computer at minimal expense.

Make a complaint about these charges if they were applied after CAB got involved and if they do not refund them take your complaint to the FOS.

Of course if they have an uneforceable agreement then they are going to get sweet FA anyway but I would rattle their cages with this too. A £500 fine just for investigating will be enough for them to back off.

Worked for me!

SnV
        Attached Files
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Comment

NDR are being particularly naughty here. I have just read the letter carefully. It falls against the OFT guidelines and is grounds for a complaint for what its worth. They say pay by CREDIT or debit card. Suggesting that you increase your debt elsewhere to pay theirs is not allowed.

Arkell v Pressdram springs to mind again Mr NDR

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            NDR are being particularly naughty here. I have just read the letter carefully. It falls against the OFT guidlenes and is grounds for a complaint for wht its worth. They say pay by CREDIT or debit card. Suggesting that you increase your debt elsewhere to pay theirs is not allowed.
            Yes ... and then there is the little detail that nowhere in that letter - or anywhere on their website - is there any mention of their Consumer Credit Licence.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
              NDR are being particularly naughty here. I have just read the letter carefully. It falls against the OFT guidelines and is grounds for a complaint for what its worth. They say pay by CREDIT or debit card. Suggesting that you increase your debt elsewhere to pay theirs is not allowed.

Arkell v Pressdram springs to mind again Mr NDR

regards
              Garlok
              Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Yes ... and then there is the little detail that nowhere in that letter - or anywhere on their website - is there any mention of their Consumer Credit Licence.
              Yes which is why its worth a complaint from the OP first to NDR, and, if they try to fob the OP off then a complaint to the FOS.

A complaint to the OFT is also worth an email, but I wouldn't waste the money on a stamp!

Comment

And if you liked the NDR letter you will just love the letter from Cwapquest............

(ps apologies to OP - not meaning to hijack your thread!)
                Attached Files

Comment

Write to these fools asking them to send you a copy of the documentation upon which they rely to add such charges.

Oh! they don't have any do they......
                  -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                    And if you liked the NDR letter you will just love the letter from Cwapquest.
                    Pah! That's nothing.

I have one somewhere from the jerks at Triton - the in-house collection monkeys for RBS - threatening me with an attachment to earnings order or a charging order on my house (which they falsely claimed would grant them possession) without them even bothering to obtain a CCJ in their favour.
                    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 3 November 2011, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      I'm pretty sure I read on another thread that trading without a CCL is a criminal offence Or did I imagine that?
                      Last edited by PlanB; 3 November 2011, 22:42.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        I'm pretty sure I read on another thread that trading without a CCL is a criminal offence Or did I imagine that?
                        No, you didn't imagine it, though it's possible you dreamt about the Office of Faffing and Twaddling taking decisive action against an uncontrolled DCA. Cheese for supper can have strange effects.

I do not (presently) doubt that NDR actually has a Consumer Credit Licence somewhere, nor do I doubt that when they find what their office cat has done with it, details of the CCL will duly appear on NDR stationery and/or their website.

Comment

Working...
                        X