GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script N.D.R. Chat thread! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

N.D.R. Chat thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.D.R. Chat thread!

Hello,
    My wife and I have two Catalogue accounts Littlewoods Extra for my wife, and Additions for myself. Advised by C.A.B. we offered these companies a nominal payment plan of £1.00 per month as we had other debts.

Both of these debts were passed on to N.D.R. We wrote to N.D.R. with a payment plan with the same advice from C.A.B. £1.00 per month.

Littlewoods Extra went from £547 to £1400 while with N.D.R. and the Abound/Additions account went to £1450 from £580.
    I wrote to N.D.R. on many occasions asking no BEGGING them to reconsider adding interest and other charges with absolutely no response.
    Both accounts are now with Lowell’s who so far have accepted the plans

Main thread for this query is here:
    ---> N.D.R. - Issues regards Littlewoods Catalogues

Re: N.D.R.

Why pay them when chances are you'll have never seen an agreement, unless they're both newish accounts?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Agree with P1 - CCA them and see what, if anything, they actually have in terms of an agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
        This is typical NDR behaviour and they should not have been adding such extortionate charges, especially as they knew you were being assisted by CAB.

Have you kept all correspondance? In addition to Niddys tack you should also be looking to getting those charges refunded.

£25 a pop is a typical 'charge' NDR apply for 'not being able to contact you'. So in other words, they try to call you once, don't get hold of you and slap a charge on your account.

Like to see them argue how that is fair, or if it is in a credit agreement in the unlikely event they have one.
        What else would one expect of a company owned by the Barclay brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          A christmas card and a packet of boiled sweeties.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Shop Direct/NDR look to double the amount owing through charges before defaulting you and then flogging the debt off to either Lowells or Capquest, and then claiming tax relief on the overinflated balance. This pretty much covers their losses so don't feel pressured by them in the slightest, this is for them a purely commercial decision on how they deal with debtors.
            You may prefer to call their antics "purely commercial" but, as the balance on which they claim tax relief is largely fictitious, others might wonder if it amounts to tax evasion.

Of course if they have an uneforceable agreement then they are going to get sweet FA anyway but I would rattle their cages with this too. A £500 fine just for investigating will be enough for them to back off.
            Or a rather bigger fine if HMRC can be involved?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              A christmas card and a packet of boiled sweeties.

Eh?

When one considers their petulant antics of December 2008 - link - one might wonder if either of those turds believes in Christmas.

Comment

If anything it keeps us amused after a hard day in the office dealing with other fools.....
                -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

I'm still surprised that no-one's yet threatened to yank my fingernails out and shove my head on a spike.... .... before bundling me into Debtors' Prison, which they like to imply still exists....

Remember the mantra:
                  NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                  Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                  Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                    I'm still surprised that no-one's yet threatened to yank my fingernails out and shove my head on a spike.... .... before bundling me into Debtors' Prison, which they like to imply still exists....

It can do. Section 5 of the Debtors Act 1869 - link - has not been repealed.

Merely because a statute has fallen from favour does not mean that it could not be used and, indeed, I would strongly recommend its use to enforce any judgement obtained against a DCA or firm of bailiffs.

Comment

And if you liked the NDR letter you will just love the letter from Cwapquest............

(ps apologies to OP - not meaning to hijack your thread!)
                      have you seen what the muppets are doing with me? ---> Niddy v CapQuest

They're not only demanding money from the wrong person that they previously confirmed were happy I was not the debtor, to then call their ex member of staff that dealt with original complaint a liar to then call me a liar and accuse me of living with like a house full of women (so I asked them if they thought I was a male whore) to which they then replied saying I was being abusive, to which I replied saying "see how you like it" to which they reported ME to the FOS (yea, you did read that right) to which I've responded telling the FOS to ignore it as it's bollocks to which we're now awaiting a response....

Oh, did I forget to say - the accounts are statute barred as well as not being mine

Erm, they think that they won't be paying me anything - yea, right, you reckon do you CapQuest? Lets see about that shall we....
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        Reporting YOU to the FINANCIAL Ombudsman? That sounds like me reporting the neighbours' cat to the police for illegal entry when I found it in my living room last week!!!

I thought the FOS only deals with complaints against financial in$titution$ not mere mortals… unless they reported you in your capacity of CEO of NAFF Services Ltd (Niddy & Associates Financial Fun[ds] Ltd!
                        Oh no it gets better than that, they reported me - wait for it - for impersonating an official of FOS

I'll explain on my thread in due course!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Oh no it gets better than that, they reported me - wait for it - for impersonating an official of FOS
                          As you doubtless remarked at the time, "quem Deus vult perdere, dementat prius".

Comment

Would you care to translate for those of us who understand English a little better than Latin?
                            No.

But thank you for having asked.
                            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 4 November 2011, 14:24.

Comment

Would you care to translate for those of us who understand English a little better than Latin?
                              Thank god its just not me!!
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X