GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Moorcroft Letter? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moorcroft Letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcroft Letter?

Hi,

I sent letters to Tesco Bank asking for debt validation, deed of assignment, proof of contract they have eventually after 4 months passed onto Moorcroft sent them letter 1 got this response?

Questions I have is

We received the instructions in good faith from the client/data controller - What document do they require to show the courts they are the data controller is this the deed of assignment?

Original contract with our client? I thought it was an agreement? could I state i requested a contract not an agreement in court they failed to supply correct document?

Protection from harassment act 1 (3) (c) what is this?

Statements during the lifetime of the account? Does that qualify as a bill credits and debits and adjustments of account?

Passing on account to other DCA's? If they do do they need to supply proof to the court they sold this debt on to someone else?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Moorcroft Letter?

I take it you have been reading something from somewhere else like goodf? They don't have to provide a deed of assignment nor a contract. If it was a credit agreement you should have asked for that with a specially worded letter as failure to comply gives you protection. If it was me I'd ignore all that and send a cca request off asap
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Why are you talking about 'court' has it been to court?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No it hasn't, just the threatening letter.

Comment

Chrimo Moorcroft box dribble paper isn't it!

Comment

Moorcroft are only a collection DCA they do not buy debts, owners use them for collection purposes and they have as they cannot be bothered

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              I take it you have been reading something from somewhere else like goodf? They don't have to provide a deed of assignment nor a contract. If it was a credit agreement you should have asked for that with a specially worded letter as failure to comply gives you protection. If it was me I'd ignore all that and send a cca request off asap
              It doesn't matter what site its from do not be judgemental. They have to prove you owe the debt. They have to prove they are operating within the guidelines and law. If they ain't they should be liable. They come down on people like us like a ton of bricks when we do not comply so its a fair game. The law can help people.

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              Why are you talking about 'court' has it been to court?
              No, not yet.

Comment

I would send of to moorcroft a CCA request from the templates letter, recorded delivery. That will take a few months. If you have already requested this from Tesco and they haven't complied with your request, then a SWID letter may help. Unless anyone says differently. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it until after Christmas (if it was me).

Comment

Originally posted by pipsaholic View Post
                  It doesn't matter what site its from do not be judgemental.
                  We are definitely not judgemental on AAD but we do have a system that works unlike some other websites. I think you need to decide which process you are going to follow to avoid getting conflicting suggestions.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by pipsaholic View Post
                    It doesn't matter what site its from do not be judgemental. They have to prove you owe the debt. They have to prove they are operating within the guidelines and law. If they ain't they should be liable. They come down on people like us like a ton of bricks when we do not comply so its a fair game. The law can help people.

No, not yet.
                    I'm afraid you have a misconception regarding what they do and do not have to prove. I'm not judging you, but I am being judgemental regarding the advice you may or may not have been given because I'm afraid it's incorrect. Moorcroft are a collection agency, they do not own the debt, they do not need to provide you with the deed of assignment in fact neither do they debt purchaser. There is no contract either, this is a credit agreement regulated under the consumer credit act and must be treated as such. If you wish to continue down the path you believe to be correct then not only will you find yourself in court but your defence will also be thrown out. I am merely advising you to seek proper protection by requesting a copy of your credit agreement because failing to comply gives you a real defence in court and in law. You are here to seek advice so I'm at a loss why you do not wish to receive it. I'm sorry to say but if you do follow the advice of goodf by trying to use the argument of deed of assignment, bill of rights or a tacit agreement you will lose.

Comment

Pipsholic
                      they have not been sold the debt. if a debt has been sold (assigned) you would normally get notice of it. also, you would have been given notice of collection.
                      if not already done so, just do a cca request as suggested if you want to start off disputing things.
                      if that has already been done and they have sent something in response, post/send it up for checking.
                      Last edited by alfie; 25 December 2016, 16:12.

Comment

I agree with SXguy. I have read a lot of advice sites, and this is the best one with a good process that doesn't judge you and offers solicitor advice if the shit hits the fan. I am heading into my second year now and couldn't have done it without the guys on here.

Comment

I think you will receive the same guidance here as you have on Legal Beagles.
                          Last edited by cymruambyth; 26 December 2016, 19:15.

Comment

Working...
                          X