GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Robinson Way - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robinson Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Way

I have just been informed that Tesco have sold my loan to Robinson Way. I still owe Tesco 12k and have been paying a nominal £5 a month payment via a DMP for about 6 years. Tesco have stated that there should be no change in what I pay but am a little worried this company may file for a charging order or even bankruptcy. Should I be worried or not?

many thanks for any advice

Re: Robinson Way

no need to panic at the moment, they should keep on accepting your payment, have Robbers Way bought it or are they just acting for someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
      I have just been informed that Tesco have sold my loan to Robinson Way. I still owe Tesco 12k and have been paying a nominal £5 a month payment via a DMP for about 6 years. Tesco have stated that there should be no change in what I pay but am a little worried this company may file for a charging order or even bankruptcy. Should I be worried or not?

many thanks for any advice
      hi,
      They have just taken over 6 of mine on nominal payments they won't get anymore than I am paying whatever they threaten.
      Helmsman.

Comment

tesco must be clearing out the cupboards , wait and see what they send next x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Think they are acting for a firm called Hoist

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          no need to panic at the moment, they should keep on accepting your payment, have Robbers Way bought it or are they just acting for someone else?

Comment

Hoist are very litigation happy. Regardless if you're paying, or not, if they want to secure the debt against your property they're entitled to issue a claim and try and get judgment.

Of course, they won't reckon on you having AAD / Jo on side but they *might* try it on. Best to carry on as normal and let us know the first sign of any hassle / pressure / threats.

If youve not previously done a CCA request, now it's time to do one (Rob Way)....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

When did you start this loan account and how many months/years was the loan agreement for?

If there's no CCJ there'll be no charging order so you don't need to worry about that for now.

What's the reason why you are paying them £5 per month?

Plan B x

Comment

Who would I send the CCA request to? Tesco, Hoist or Robinson Way?

The loan was taken in 2009.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Hoist are very litigation happy. Regardless if you're paying, or not, if they want to secure the debt against your property they're entitled to issue a claim and try and get judgment.

Of course, they won't reckon on you having AAD / Jo on side but they *might* try it on. Best to carry on as normal and let us know the first sign of any hassle / pressure / threats.

If youve not previously done a CCA request, now it's time to do one (Rob Way)....

Comment

I started the loan in 2009. It was for £15500 over 7 years which would have been finished now. There isn't a CCJ AS Tesco were quite good in accepting the £5 monthly payment via my DMP. It's only now it has been passed to a DCA that I am worried they won't be as accommodating especially due to the amount outstanding.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  When did you start this loan account and how many months/years was the loan agreement for?

If there's no CCJ there'll be no charging order so you don't need to worry about that for now.

What's the reason why you are paying them £5 per month?

Plan B x

Comment

Who would I send the CCA request to? Tesco, Hoist or Robinson Way?

The loan was taken in 2009.
                    Send to Hoist. It's the s.77 you need

Yes it's likely to be enforceable as the date prohibits us utilising s.127(3) however, there may be other faults / dodgy DN etc. So I'd send a s.77 request if it was me
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I started the loan in 2009. It was for £15500 over 7 years which would have been finished now. There isn't a CCJ AS Tesco were quite good in accepting the £5 monthly payment via my DMP. It's only now it has been passed to a DCA that I am worried they won't be as accommodating especially due to the amount outstanding.
                      Try not to worry, first get a CCA sent off and see what comes back - & continue your arrangement.

Comment

Working...
                      X