GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard MKRR threatening legal action - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard MKRR threatening legal action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard MKRR threatening legal action

well another lovely letter from RW, they have tried several times to contact me (yes they are logged on the truecall) they were calling to explain that they want to help me manage this account, Thought I was doing fine on my own?.
    One of the solutions they can offer me is to reduce the balance so that I only pay 33% of the balance so I would only have to pay 1.3k and if it would help, I could pay it off in instalments.
    all I have to do is call them by 14th and they will explain how easily this plan could be set up for me.
    think I may pass, paying 0.00% is a better option
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      well another lovely letter from RW, they have tried several times to contact me (yes they are logged on the truecall) they were calling to explain that they want to help me manage this account, Thought I was doing fine on my own?.
      One of the solutions they can offer me is to reduce the balance so that I only pay 33% of the balance so I would only have to pay 1.3k and if it would help, I could pay it off in instalments.
      all I have to do is call them by 14th and they will explain how easily this plan could be set up for me.
      think I may pass, paying 0.00% is a better option
      When they're at 67% discount you know they're desperate and without a leg to stand on.
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Your options best NW x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

How kind of them to try and help you NW!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

they are very trying ...

Comment

OK letter from RW dated 12/12/16, this is a strange one,
              we have recently recived contact from you regarding another account we hold on our records ( tesco, i sent them a, UE no valid CCA received) and have noticed that we are also dealing with another account for you,( this one) as noted above, that doesn't appear to have an active repayment plan in place. that could be because there is no CCA
              please compleate the enclosed I&E and return it with your affordable payment proposals, we have put your account on hold for 30 daysto allow you time toget in touch with us, thanks will (not) think about it

I will send the NO CCA, and a copy of Mkrr letter that says so in the New year
              Last edited by nightwatch; 16 December 2016, 13:57.

Comment

another call from RW. asked for me, told them "she" was unavailable and for the 4th time of asking would they put everything in writing and I would make sure "she" got it, slightpause, then asked "er who are you again" just a relative bye.
                Number blocked.

Think I may say that "she "has moved abroad and I have to forward the post

Comment

21/06/17, letter from RW, dated 15th, they have been trying to contact me, no you haven't, they want to help me find a solution to clear this debt, that's nice. If i don't contact them they may :-

refer account to their clients solicitor and ask for the issuence of a CCC, which may result in a CCj being entered,
                  that sounds painfull.plus NO CCA

send a report to CCA's, if less than 6 years from default date,
                  missed that boat by a mile

try to contact you using any telphone numbrs w have on file, or, obtain from 3rd parties,
                  try it and see what happens to the poor sod that i speak to

exactly the same letter as I recived last Sptember post#24, will wait for the next one.NW x

Comment

05/07/2017, letter from RW dated 29/06/17 offering me easy payments like the following examples of payments that have been set up by other clients of their's
                    1, 26.87 per month
                    2, 36.44 per month
                    3, 59.27 per month
                    4, 00.00 per month is not an opten on their list?
                    they have helped many customers set up this type of payment plan and they are clearing their debt, send them to AAD and that may change.
                    they can help me set up a payment plan simslar to the one above OR tailor make a plan based on my circumstances to make sure it's affordable to me.

I will go for option 4, I can afford that,
                    I must contact them before the 10th to set up my personal payment plan.

so as I don't want to set up a repayment plan, I will ignore and see if they send the next letter in their template plan.

Just noticed this is the exact letter they sent me in September/ October 2016, so the next one should be asking if I am worried about contacting them. which is the one I got November 2016
                    Last edited by nightwatch; 5 July 2017, 13:26. Reason: checking details

Comment

21/07/17. letter from RW No minimum payment good coz your not getting one.
                      more than 300,000 of our customers are repaying their debt based on what they can afford, if i had the email of half of them I'd help them not to, but as they are paying you dont need any off me.
                      I suppose I should tell them there is no CCA for this account , maybe oneday , but not today

Comment

16/08/17
                        letter received dated 10/08 from RW
                        Quote; We speak to and help people like you every day,Bet you don't Now is the time for you to get in touch too, At the moment we can offer you a reduction on the ammount you owe. 69% reduction
                        You know they are getting desperate with a reduction like that, but they go on to say,
                        We can guarantee this settlement offer for 30 days from the date of this letter, if you would like to take advantage of this offer please contact us to to discuss your options BEFORE you make any settlement payment, Call us now on 0330xxxxxxx, if you don't have the £1k today still call and we may be able to agree for you to pay this balance by monthly instalments

so in a nutshell, I can have a 69% reduction off what I owe, but I can't just send the money and say thanks now sod off, I have to phone them so that I can be asked how I am getting said payment, in the hope of them getting me to agree to something higher.

will await next letter and then maybe tell them there is no CCA.

Comment

21/05/18 letter from RW dated 16/05/18, PAY JUST 75% of YOUR OUTSTANDING BALANCE, to clear this account, why do they put it in LARGE letters I can't read it any louder?
                          this offer is available for only the next 30 days, so please contact us to comfirm beforemaking the payment. so we can ask for more and also see about a payment on any other accounts we might have of yours.
                          I could also agree to an affordable payment plan based on my curcumstances Call us, or, text call me to xxxxxxxx and we will call you back.don't think so mate
                          Don't worry if none of the options is the right one for you, we can work with you to find the right one for you. Why not open an online account, because you don't do cash back and theres no CCA

Will file and see what comes next NW

Comment

21/09 ( dated 17/09/18)They need me to take action Again!! they want me to get intouch and tell them about my situation, They can then agree an affordable repayment plan with me,
                            the last line reads:_ wewd rather agree an affordable repayment plan with so,
                            office junior?

24/09, letter dated 18/09/18 from Hoist Finance UK Holkdings 1 Ltd my account has been assigned to them from MKDP llP, which is interesting as RW letter of the 17th still says HPH2 have it, It was assigned to HPH2 from MKPD LLP a few years ago?
                            the assignment has taken place as part of a restructure of Hoist Finance group, so my account has been transferd from one part of the company to another.
                            so it is now in the hands of HFUKH1L,
                            But I can still carry on paying RW, or if not paying them, contact them to set up a repayment plan, their address is Quays Reach salford, which is also HFUKH1L address.

so in a nutshell MKDP assigned my account to HPH2, but somehow have now assigned it to the same company with a slightly different name who have said that RW will still service the account, but fail to mention that RW are part of the same company.
                            Last edited by nightwatch; 27 September 2018, 13:59. Reason: updating

Comment

Working...
                            X