GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buchanan Clark & Wells - Final Notice Letter

Good morning,

We've rec'd a letter from HL solicitors referencing a their client Sigma SPV1 Limited who, they say, have instructed HL to with regard to £125.17 . We get a call to our ansa machine everyday rquesting we call back.

My partner doesn't recognise Sigma (it's neither of the two names above) nore the amount.

HL's standard looking letter goes on to say she should phone or pay through their website or postoffice or they may recommend to their client that legal procedings are issued against her in the County Court for this amount, plus interest and costs. HL are in the same County as us.

We think this is an escalation of pressure and wonder what we should do. We appreciate you can't offer advice but if anyone has a similar experience they'd like to share then we'd be very pleased to read it.

Thanks you, Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jerry View Post
      Good morning,

We've rec'd a letter from HL solicitors referencing a their client Sigma SPV1 Limited who, they say, have instructed HL to with regard to £125.17 . We get a call to our ansa machine everyday rquesting we call back.

My partner doesn't recognise Sigma (it's neither of the two names above) nore the amount.

HL's standard looking letter goes on to say she should phone or pay through their website or postoffice or they may recommend to their client that legal procedings are issued against her in the County Court for this amount, plus interest and costs. HL are in the same County as us.

We think this is an escalation of pressure and wonder what we should do. We appreciate you can't offer advice but if anyone has a similar experience they'd like to share then we'd be very pleased to read it.

Thanks you, Jerry
      I'd send them this -

Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

SH

Comment

Agee with SH

Seemingly SPV 1 have a shed load of M&S rubbish to chase. Did your OH have a M&S account in the past.

HL have on behalf of SPV 1 been issuing claims for small amounts recently. But reading about the net this could be the start of a bigger claim coming behind. ie its a split claim which is naughty.

Again reading around it seems the court papers come to people who are not pro active and ignore the increasing excitment of the renta puppets, which by following SH's advice you wont be.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Personally, i never answer calls
          I never answer any calls, ever at home. Always ring back - if its someone i want to speak with of course!
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

H.L. did on the bottom of the letter state reply to Sigma?? not H.L.?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks to all who commented.

The Tech Clark, HL's letter makes no instruction to reply to their client Sigma, only to HL.

There's no M&S debt that we know of. Mostly likely to be Power company (her ex didn't pay off his half when last to leave matri. home) or Abbey Bank (ex wrote down her card details and ran up debt after spilt we online shopping. Suppose that could be M&S?!

Particular thanks to ScabHunter for your useful comment which we will follow.

Jerry

Comment

Sygma bank own a lot of store credit so could be anything like that...?

M&S used to be underwritten by HSBC - never Sygma. For example, Sygma now do asda credit card and new look / jjb store card/credit as well as hundreds others!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oh sorry. Is SPV 1 a dca? Lol

I thought it meant Sygma bank
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

JJB storecard would be one of the most useless bits of credit going now.

Comment

Hi Again Everyone,

I've prepared the standard letter but now have to pasue whilst I think about what ken100464 commented abt small claim with bigger one waiting to follow on. I am guessing that tatic works only on the person who rolls over and pays thinking that's the end of it only to be softened up before a ramping up. I don't really know.

Hi Never-In-Doubt, The spelling is def Sigma SPV1 Limited, but thanks for your interest.

I'll post what we decide to do i.e. sned or don't send Letter

Jerry

Comment

Would defo still follow SH's advice.

Mine was only general info on reading around the internet. SH's was the advice of choice.

And to your question I would suspect its either roll over pay up get a bigger claim behind or looking for a default judgement cause you dont do anything.

With the good advice given, before I clouded it with background info, you are being pro active. Least you will know what you are dealing with.

Good luck.

Comment

Yes deffo send the template mentioned as that will stop them treating it as a "won't payer" and trying to issue a claim.

Deffo register your disapproval by sending the template.

Keep us updated.

Comment

Ken, N-I-D,

That's excellent and just what I was about to surf aimlessly around the internet tonight for. Will send and update here. Thanks, Jerry

Comment

Hello All,

Just a little update. We sent the template letter 11 days ago but haven't had anything back. Except we do still get the automated phone every week day from HL.

Thanks for all your interest.

Jerry

Comment

that can be fine, I've had months/years between letters

if they are stumped, they put it to the bottom of a pile

just keep and eye out and if something comes, let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X