GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well .... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Well ....

I'd look at closing coop.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just off the phone from TSB ...

Really REALLY helpful lady. She checked for a CPD, said she couldn't see one. She tried online banking team to see if there was a system problem. she tried the lending application team. They are all convinced it was a glitch.

She apologised and suggested I popped into the branch.

Heading there momentarily.
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

Well .. that didn't go as planned. Went into town to be told "Noone can speak to you today ... oh and it's over two weeks until someone can!".

Hate crappy service like that.

In other news, closed the dormant Co-Op account. Will switch the other later this month.

Comment

It's a start. Bear with them - they do what you need so pointless upsetting the applecart
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            It's a start. Bear with them - they do what you need so pointless upsetting the applecart
            Very true!!!

So ...
            Dormant Co-Op closed.

Instructed TSB to switch my "House" Co-Op account over to TSB. Will then close that Co-OP account.

... and then wait until circa Christmas before checking again.

I looked at Halifax and they had a current account soft-checker. It said I had a high chance of eligibility for all of their accounts. Applied ... got offered the Basic Account. Continued application and then realised the "Basic" account isn't their non-rewards account but a truly basic account. Will close it too!! Arse!!

Comment

The phone people do seem better than the branch staff!

Switched my salary over to TSB in an attempt to remove this new to bank marker which apparently doesn't get removed until they see BGC.....

Turns out my company pay via faster payments!!!

I'll wait 4 months and if it's not off I'll phone and ask someone to manually review as the FPIs into my account from my company every month!

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
                Very true!!!

So ...
                Dormant Co-Op closed.

Instructed TSB to switch my "House" Co-Op account over to TSB. Will then close that Co-OP account.

... and then wait until circa Christmas before checking again.

I looked at Halifax and they had a current account soft-checker. It said I had a high chance of eligibility for all of their accounts. Applied ... got offered the Basic Account. Continued application and then realised the "Basic" account isn't their non-rewards account but a truly basic account. Will close it too!! Arse!!
                ouch - something isn't right then. It's not CRA generated by the sounds of it.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
                  which apparently doesn't get removed until they see BGC.....
                  Incorrect - as said, I paid a single payment in. And I have 3 BOS defaults from 2014

Anyway - it is what it is. Good idea about appealing after 3-6 mo the. That should work.

Comment

AAaaargh.

I've just heard back from TSB .... "unable to progress the switch request". I called to find out why, and was told "Your old bank denied the switch request ... 'Customer bankrupt or insolvent' ". The b'stards. I was trying to switch away from them and they are trying to hold on.

On the phone now to have a rant!!!!

Also going to pop into Halifax to close the 'basic' account as it is no use to anyone.

Pretty certain it is Co-Op causing my problems at present.

Comment

Ok, spoke to CoOp.... Their explanation:

Originally posted by Coop
                      Because you are still within the 6 years of Bankruptcy, it is within our code of practice to advise any banks that you are/were bankrupt. Therefore the first switching request is automatically denied with this message. This is because we are not sure if you have told them you are/were bankrupt. If you try to resubmit, it will work second time around.
                      Resubmitted ... fingers crossed. AGAIN!

Comment

Good luck!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey all. About time I gave an update.

So in the intervening months, TSB still shows "Unable to open another account". I wanted a second account, one for Bills and one for Spending.

My three credit cards: Vanquis, Aqua and Cap1 - all had relatively high balances. Balances had crept up and up, in an attempt to keep utilisation on there, and increased work expenses.

However, I have since paid the three off in full, and closed Vanquis. All within the past month.

Waiting to see how that reflects upon my credit reports. I have MSE Credit Club, Noddle and Clearscore to get free views of my credit reports. I realise it will take a while for the cleared balances to be reported to the CRA's by the lenders, and then onwards for the CRA's to generate their reports.

Other than high credit card utilisation, there is nothing erroneous in my credit reports. So I'm not sure why TSB are refusing to allow me to open another account. This coming Nov, it will be 6 years Post-BR.

Questions:
                          1) Happy to change current accounts if there's better options out there.

Comment

• Hi All

Time for an update.

It's now been some months since I closed the Vanquis card. The other two Aqua and Cap1 are both repaid in full every month.

Interestingly as I monitor ClearScore, Noddle and MSE CreditClub, which allows me to cover the three CRAs, they all showed a drop in my creditworthiness after closing Vanquis, as my total amount of available credit had dropped.

TSB is STILL showing "Unable to open another account". Most frustrating.

I have a feeling they must have a marker somewhere indicating my prior BR, which will have it's 6 year anniversary this Autumn.

Next Goals:
                            * Open another bank account, TSB/Santander/Tesco etc.
                            * Get mainstream credit card, with aforementioned bank
                            * Close other cards

Comment

• Well ... Clearscore has recently updated and is no longer showing my BR. Finally I've reached the 6 year point. All Settled/Satisfied/Defaults have dropped off my Equifax report.

Just need to wait a month or so for the data to be reflected with Call Credit and Experian.

I called into TSB and they confirmed that I had a Credit Policy Marker on my account, which would be removed once the BR had dropped off the CRAs. I'll give that a cycle of two months to sync up!

For those out there considering BR ... it is hard ... it teaches you to look after your money, to budget ... it's not an easy solution. But the 6 years have flown by, and I'm now glad it is history (until I consider buying a house!).

Comment

Working...
                              X