Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankruptcy indicator

Hi,

Iíve recently discovered I have a joint account that hadnít been closed with an ex partner from over 10 years ago. The account has been suspended due to inactivity and apparently has a bankruptcy indicator on it, Iím not sure what for as although I had a failed IVA Iíve never been bankrupt. He however Iím not sure of as he disappeared leaving me with bills heíd not been paying but had been taking the money from me for my share. I ended up paying the lot even though Iíd moved out. So Iím after some advice, the bank had told me they couldnít close the account unless we both attended with relevant ID, this person hasnít wanted to be found for almost 10 years, so itís not possible. Theyíve now advised me that they will allow me to attend with my ID to get the account unsuspended and then we can deal with the bankruptcy indicator, what could this be for? I had loans that failed with this bank under the Iva but they never tried to contact me and I believe this to now be statute barred. I donít want to end up in a mess again because of this person as itís taken along time to get back on track. But if I leave it my credit will be linked to him forever. Can anyone offer me any advise, could the indicator be due to me?

Is anyone able to offer any advice regarding this before I head to the bank ?

Comment

Is anyone able to offer any advice regarding this before I head to the bank ?

Comment

need to know from them the facts of the case without advice will be difficult at this stage, if you were made bankrupt then you should of been told as such, is my feeling, more to this I would suggest, bank should tell you all and get copies of anything they refer to on this subject, sure Di may be able to help you here???
        I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They claim that they canít provide me any information without going in and giving them my ID and proof of address. I havenít been bankrupt at all but thatís not to say he hasnít. I wouldnít know what happened to his finance after he crawled under his rock unfortunately. The only negative for me would be a failed IVA and a loan with them that didnít get paid back due to this. I didnít think there could be a bankruptcy indicator for this?

Comment

As TC has said it's very difficult to give advice without knowing the details. I think you should attend the bank and find out what is going on, what evidence and how this affects you. Do not sign anything or commit to anything. Take away all paperwork to review and get further help.
            Can you not put a notice of correction on the credit agencies to disassociate yourself with your ex?
            I'm an Official AAD Forum Moderator and a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of allaboutDEBT Ltd. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - find a solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it to abuse@all-about-debt.co.uk or send a message to any of the Forum Site Team. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username or send me an email direct: cymruambyth@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X