GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received my PIP form today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my PIP form today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received my PIP form today

I agree. Definitely don't tell them that you're going on holiday.

I'm off to visit a friend who lives abroad.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think there's a section on the forms to put down any dates when you won't be able to attend a F2F assessment. If you need someone with you it can also be the dates when they won't be able to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
        just a thought, but it may be better not to mention that you are going on holiday to them at all, just in case they happily and politely ask where you are going and what you are doing and then use it to say that you are not as bad as you say if you can go on holiday - regardless of how much planning it must take for you to find somewhere suitable that is not going to be too much for you to handle.
        Good luck with it
        Thanks , not telling them I'm going on holiday not giving them any reason to say no . Hubby scanned the form before we sent it off and he is going to print it out and take it with us and go through it with them so they can't try to put words into my mouth .

I'm taking my back support pillow with me as i don't know what type of chair they will have for me to sit in and in any case my anxiety makes me restless and after about 20 minutes i will be wanting to get out of the room in panic , not sure how they will handle this but I can't help it i can't sit for more than 20 minutes tops .

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
          I think there's a section on the forms to put down any dates when you won't be able to attend a F2F assessment. If you need someone with you it can also be the dates when they won't be able to go.
          I went to my therapist yesterday at 'open minds' and she said to go and get it over with then i can relax on holiday with that out of the way .
          If i cancelled now i would never relax i need this over with asap .

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            I agree. Definitely don't tell them that you're going on holiday.

I'm off to visit a friend who lives abroad.

I'm not going to tell them , in fact I will only answer things they ask best i can and won't give any more information than i need to , I have read on forums that one woman was asked if she liked watching movies and she said yes and was asked if she had seen the latest out at the cinemas she said yes and that went down as being able to go out in public places .

I can't even go to the front gate without panic by myself, and yesterday my therapist has made a list of 10 things to work up to starting with opening the front door breathing exercises and then going in the next is to walk to the front gate and wait a while then back in , eventually working to going into town and looking around shops which is number 10 and a long long way off yet .

We're going to Malta next July to meet my nieces twins that were born last December , hope you have a nice time Pixie visiting your friend x

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
              I have got my assessment appointment for Tuesday 12 April , i did request a home visit but i will go to this with my husband .

Wishing you lots of luck with your assessment tomorrow

Plan B x

Comment

Good luck tomorrow xxx
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow I hope it all goes well for you xxx

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
                    Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow I hope it all goes well for you xxx

Thank you just got back, it was one woman a paramedic , my hubby came in with me . We took a copy of the form with us but didn't need it as I was just asked questions about my anxiety , I was asked if i like to go to the park for a walk , i said i only go on a good day but i have have be with someone such as my son or husband . I was asked if i like to go shopping and i said the only shop i have been to is Asda with my husband and that only lasts around 30 minutes then i need to get out of the shop , i feel these were trick questions .
                    She asked if i can use a microwave and i said yes i could but only when my back isn't bad but in any case i have a phobia to the way food is cooked in a microwave so only use it occasionally .

Then i was asked to remember 3 things and come back to them , a spelling test and some basic maths questions of which i messed up both because of my nerves .Did i enjoy having a bath ? i said yes i do but when my back is bad my husband has to help me in and out of the bath or shower and even help to wash my hair, strange question that but i think it was a trick question again to see if i said the same things as i had put on the form , which i did . I don't lie and feel like i answered the same questions but in a different way which is what they wanted .
                    I'm pleased it is over with i didn't sleep a wink last night and had sleep apnea each time i dropped off to sleep , but its over with now and i can relax and whatever the outcome it is what it is .
                    thanks for the support everyone xxxx

P.S i wore my sunglasses as i can't look people in the eye and i feel comfortable wearing them like they can't see me , she asked me why i wore them and i told her honestly just as it is , she said that's fine and don't take them off if it makes me anxious so i kept them on all the time .
                    Last edited by Spent2much; 12 April 2016, 11:42.

Comment

I don't think they were trick questions as such - more to find the level of support and help that you need. Obviously I wasn't there, but seems she was quite reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        I don't think they were trick questions as such - more to find the level of support and help that you need. Obviously I wasn't there, but seems she was quite reasonable.

She was very nice but i was told that is to take you off guard , maybe she was just a genuinely nice lady .

Comment

Well done for getting through this, now concentrate on getting ready for your holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                            Well done for getting through this, now concentrate on getting ready for your holiday.
                            that's what i said when we got out , it's done now

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                              She was very nice but i was told that is to take you off guard , maybe she was just a genuinely nice lady .
                              Some are.

I know people that have been assessed and thought they would get nothing (on the basis the person was "too nice" ) and ended up getting the full level of support.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                                Some are.

I know people that have been assessed and thought they would get nothing (on the basis the person was "too nice" ) and ended up getting the full level of support.

Some questions seemed devious though , she knew i have agarophobia and yet she asked me things like , do you enjoy walking to your friends around the corner or going to the park ? I replied i don't walk anywhere by myself and never go to the park alone i am always with my husband or my son whenever i go out .

And do i like having a bath ? I answered yes i do but on a bad day when my back is bad my husband has to help me in and out of the bath, she was interested to learn whether or not i had a walk in shower , i have a bath with a shower over the bath . I don't know what that was all about . I feel there were definitely trying to trip me up , but i answered it all honestly .

Comment

Working...
                                X