GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received my PIP form today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my PIP form today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received my PIP form today

Hubby phoned PIP this evening and they received my form 23 Feb i can also send my letter from my GP via the job center and i get a receipt also , so waiting until Monday when i go to my 'open minds' appointment and ask my therapist for a letter too and send that at the same time .

Comment

went to 'open minds' today and my therapist is going to have a letter ready for tomorrow to send off to PIP along with my GP letter , I am having CBT for panic attacks and agoraphobia two appointments in April .

Comment

That's good S2M. I hope it all works out for you x
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          That's good S2M. I hope it all works out for you x
          thank you pixie xx

sent both letters today via the job center and the letter from my therapist said i am receiving 8 weeks of CBT and we may need further in put from the step 3 IAPT team if 8 sessions is not enough

It says S2M is suffering with chronic and long standing symptoms of anxiety and depression.

really hope i get some financial help as i haven't ever applied for any help during my life and feel it will make life easier and take some financial burden off me and hubby .

Comment

Does anyone know if PIP is backdated ?
            I haven't heard anything as yet it says 16 weeks on the message when you call .

Comment

It's back dated to the date of claim.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                It's back dated to the date of claim.

thank you, i asked because i was talking to mum yesterday and my dad was awarded PIP last year , but they didn't back date it and she wouldn't appeal it she's 83 and just didn't have the will after waiting so long .

Comment

Was your dad previously receiving disability benefit before moving to PIP as I think it's only backdated if you're making a fresh claim.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
                    Was your dad previously receiving disability benefit before moving to PIP as I think it's only backdated if you're making a fresh claim.
                    That's correct.

I you get DLA then you continue to get that until the PIP decision I made, but its not backdated if a higher amount
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes I think it's classed as a reassessment of the disability so you carry on receiving what you previously got until a decision has been made and any change will start from the date they make the decision.

I remember the time I had all my DLA taken away at tribunal by the most hostile tribunal judge and the worst experience of my life. I was previously on DLA low rate mobility & middle rate care. After a renewal they reduced my care to low rate so I appealed. It took a year to get to tribunal and the decision was that I was not entitled to any award of DLA from the date that I first appealed, a year before. A disability advisor said that the dwp could ask for the money back that they had paid me during the year it took to reach tribunal but luckily they didn't and guess they were just happy to draw a line under it and get another statistic off the books.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post

no but he got some other benefit for my mum being his carer .

Comment

I have got my assessment appointment for Tuesday 12 April , i did request a home visit but i will go to this with my husband .

Comment

I'm not sure if you can but I'd phone them and say that you'd asked for a home appointment as you suffer from agoraphobia. Good luck with the assessment (I'll be away at the time)
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                              I'm not sure if you can but I'd phone them and say that you'd asked for a home appointment as you suffer from agoraphobia. Good luck with the assessment (I'll be away at the time)

I don't want to cancel as we go on holiday on 3rd May and if i cancel they may reschedule while we're away and i want to get it over and done with .
                              I can go on holiday knowing the assessment has been done and really relax with my mind at rest x

Where are you going ?

Comment

just a thought, but it may be better not to mention that you are going on holiday to them at all, just in case they happily and politely ask where you are going and what you are doing and then use it to say that you are not as bad as you say if you can go on holiday - regardless of how much planning it must take for you to find somewhere suitable that is not going to be too much for you to handle.
                                Good luck with it
                                Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                                I don't want to cancel as we go on holiday on 3rd May and if i cancel they may reschedule while we're away and i want to get it over and done with .
                                I can go on holiday knowing the assessment has been done and really relax with my mind at rest x

Where are you going ?
                                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                                X