GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received my PIP form today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my PIP form today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received my PIP form today

Hi,
    YES put down ALL instances where your disability has effected you.Make sure you put the name of the hospital and the day you went.
    If you need a camping toilet this is classed as an aid and needs to be put on your form and again mention the electric heater as this helps with your pain.
    The fact you are NOT using the kitchen is again something that must be put on the form as you cannot cook your own meals or make hot drinks.
    The bed grab bar is also an aid and the fact your husband has to carry you should also be noted.

Make sure you copy the forms either with a scanner or take pictures of them with your phone then once you have sent them you can keep checking the information and if you have missed anything out you can write it down for the assesment.

I am writing this on my mobile so please excuse grammer and spelling but I wanted to reply ASAP.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nick0 View Post
      Hi,
      YES put down ALL instances where your disability has effected you.Make sure you put the name of the hospital and the day you went.
      If you need a camping toilet this is classed as an aid and needs to be put on your form and again mention the electric heater as this helps with your pain.
      The fact you are NOT using the kitchen is again something that must be put on the form as you cannot cook your own meals or make hot drinks.
      The bed grab bar is also an aid and the fact your husband has to carry you should also be noted.

Make sure you copy the forms either with a scanner or take pictures of them with your phone then once you have sent them you can keep checking the information and if you have missed anything out you can write it down for the assesment.

I am writing this on my mobile so please excuse grammer and spelling but I wanted to reply ASAP.

Nick

hi thank you again, Im not always having to use the camping toilet or the bed bar though it is only when i get the back spasms.
      I had to be helped up from the bed a few years back by the ambulance crew and was given gas and air because i couldn't get up , i will put that down too . But im not in this state all the time only when the anxiety takes an affect because im so tensed up , will this be a trick question from them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        hi thank you again, Im not always having to use the camping toilet or the bed bar though it is only when i get the back spasms.
        I had to be helped up from the bed a few years back by the ambulance crew and was given gas and air because i couldn't get up , i will put that down too . But im not in this state all the time only when the anxiety takes an affect because im so tensed up , will this be a trick question from them ?
        Hi,
        Your anxiety affects you on a daily basis and some days may be better then others, I have copied the questions below and that will give you a guide
        then just ask me any questions.

1. Preparing food.
        1 a. Can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided. 0 points
        1 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal. 2 points
        1 c. Cannot cook a simple meal using a conventional cooker but is able to do so using a microwave. 2 points
        1 d. Needs prompting to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal. 2 points
        1 e. Needs supervision or assistance to either prepare or cook a simple meal. 4 points.
        1 f. Cannot prepare and cook food. 8 points.
        2. Taking nutrition.
        2 a. Can take nutrition unaided. 0 points
        2 b. Needs either - (i) to use an aid or appliance to take nutrition; or (ii) supervision to be able to take nutrition; or (iii) assistance to be able to cut up food. 2 points
        2 c. Needs a therapeutic source to take nutrition. 2 points
        2 d. Needs prompting to be able to take nutrition. 4 points
        2 e. Needs assistance to be able to manage a therapeutic source to take nutrition. 6 points
        2 f. Cannot convey food and drink to their mouth and needs another person to do so. 10 points
        3. Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition.
        3 a. Either - (i) does not receive medication or therapy or need to monitor a health condition; or (ii) can manage medication or therapy or monitor a health condition unaided. 0 points
        3 b. (i) to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage medication; or (ii) supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage medication or monitor a health condition. 1 point
        3 c. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes no more than 3.5 hours a week. 2 points
        3 d. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 3.5 but no more than 7 hours a week. 4 points
        3 e. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 7 but no more than 14 hours a week. 6 points
        3 f. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 14 hours a week. 8 points
        4. Washing and bathing.
        4 a. Can wash and bathe unaided. 0 points
        4 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to wash or bathe. 2 points
        4 c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bathe. 2 points
        4 d. Needs assistance to be able to wash either their hair or body below the waist. 2 points
        4 e. Needs assistance to be able to get in or out of a bath or shower. 3 points
        4 f. Needs assistance to be able to wash their body between the shoulders and waist. 4 points
        4 g. Cannot wash and bathe at all and needs another person to wash their entire body. 8 points
        5. Managing toilet needs or incontinence.
        5 a. Can manage toilet needs or incontinence unaided. 0 points
        5 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage toilet needs or incontinence. 2 points
        5 c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to manage toilet needs. 2 points
        5 d. Needs assistance to be able to manage toilet needs. 4 points
        5 e. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of either bladder or bowel. 6 points
        5 f. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of both bladder and bowel. 8 points
        6. Dressing and undressing.
        6 a. Can dress and undress unaided. 0 points
        6 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress. 2 points
        6 c. Needs either - (i) prompting to be able to dress, undress or determine appropriate circumstances for remaining clothed; or (ii) prompting or assistance to be able to select appropriate clothing. 2 points
        6 d. Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their lower body. 2 points
        6 e. Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their upper body. 4 points
        6 f. Cannot dress or undress at all. 8 points
        7. Communicating.
        7 a. Can express and understand verbal information unaided. 0 points
        7 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to speak or hear. 2 points
        7 c. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand complex verbal information. 4 points
        7 d. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand basic verbal information. 8 points
        7 e. Cannot express or understand verbal information at all even with communication support. 12 points
        8. Reading and understanding signs, symbols and words
        8 a. Can read and understand basic and complex written information either unaided or using spectacles or contact lenses. 0 points.
        8 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance, other than spectacles or contact lenses, to be able to read or understand either basic or complex written information. 2 points
        8 c. Needs prompting to be able to read or understand complex written information. 2 points.
        8 d. Needs prompting to be able to read or understand basic written information. 4 points.
        8 e. Cannot read or understand signs, symbols or words at all. 8 points.
        9. Engaging with other people face to face.
        9 a. Can engage with other people unaided. 0 points
        9 b. Needs prompting to be able to engage with other people. 2 points
        9 c. Needs social support to be able to engage with other people. 4 points
        9 d. Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either - (i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or
        (ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person. 8 points
        10. Making budgeting decisions.
        10 a. Can manage complex budgeting decisions unaided. 0 points
        10 b. Needs prompting or assistance to be able to make complex budgeting decisions. 2 points
        10 c. Needs prompting or assistance to be able to make simple budgeting decisions. 4 points
        10 d. Cannot make any budgeting decisions at all. 6 points
        Mobility activities
        11. Planning and following journeys.
        11 a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points
        11 b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points
        11 c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points
        11 d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points
        11 e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points
        11 f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points
        12. Moving around.
        12 a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points
        12 b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points
        12 c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points
        12 d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points
        12 e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points
        12 f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –(i) stand; or (ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points
        Personal Independence Payment (PIP) daily living component points scores

To get an award of the daily living component, you need to score:

8 points for the standard rate
        12 points for the enhanced rate

For daily living, the points need to be scored from activities 1-10 above.

You can only score one set of points from each activity, if two or more apply from the same activity only the highest will count. So, for example, if:

4 d. Needs assistance to groom. 2 points
        4 g. Needs assistance to bathe. 4 points

both apply you will receive only the 4 points for the ‘Bathing and grooming’ activity. These can then be added to points for other activities, such as 'Dressing and undressing'

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Mobility Component Points Scores

To get an award of the mobility component you need to score:

For mobility, the points need to be scored from mobility activities 1-2 above.

As with daily living above, you only score the highest points that apply to you from each activity, but you can add points from activities 1 and 2 together to reach your final total.

PLEASE NOTE... This is information I sourced from the internet and verified, I take no credit for the content but will accept thanks for the post

nick0
        Last edited by nick0; 13 February 2016, 12:28.

Comment

Hi,
          Your anxiety affects you on a daily basis and some days may be better then others, I have copied the questions below and that will give you a guide
          then just ask me any questions.

1. Preparing food.
          1 a. Can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided. 0 points
          1 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal. 2 points
          1 c. Cannot cook a simple meal using a conventional cooker but is able to do so using a microwave. 2 points
          1 d. Needs prompting to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal. 2 points
          1 e. Needs supervision or assistance to either prepare or cook a simple meal. 4 points.
          1 f. Cannot prepare and cook food. 8 points.
          2. Taking nutrition.
          2 a. Can take nutrition unaided. 0 points
          2 b. Needs either - (i) to use an aid or appliance to take nutrition; or (ii) supervision to be able to take nutrition; or (iii) assistance to be able to cut up food. 2 points
          2 c. Needs a therapeutic source to take nutrition. 2 points
          2 d. Needs prompting to be able to take nutrition. 4 points
          2 e. Needs assistance to be able to manage a therapeutic source to take nutrition. 6 points
          2 f. Cannot convey food and drink to their mouth and needs another person to do so. 10 points
          3. Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition.
          3 a. Either - (i) does not receive medication or therapy or need to monitor a health condition; or (ii) can manage medication or therapy or monitor a health condition unaided. 0 points
          3 b. (i) to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage medication; or (ii) supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage medication or monitor a health condition. 1 point
          3 c. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes no more than 3.5 hours a week. 2 points
          3 d. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 3.5 but no more than 7 hours a week. 4 points
          3 e. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 7 but no more than 14 hours a week. 6 points
          3 f. Needs supervision, prompting or assistance to be able to manage therapy that takes more than 14 hours a week. 8 points
          4. Washing and bathing.
          4 a. Can wash and bathe unaided. 0 points
          4 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to wash or bathe. 2 points
          4 c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bathe. 2 points
          4 d. Needs assistance to be able to wash either their hair or body below the waist. 2 points
          4 e. Needs assistance to be able to get in or out of a bath or shower. 3 points
          4 f. Needs assistance to be able to wash their body between the shoulders and waist. 4 points
          4 g. Cannot wash and bathe at all and needs another person to wash their entire body. 8 points
          5. Managing toilet needs or incontinence.
          5 a. Can manage toilet needs or incontinence unaided. 0 points
          5 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to manage toilet needs or incontinence. 2 points
          5 c. Needs supervision or prompting to be able to manage toilet needs. 2 points
          5 d. Needs assistance to be able to manage toilet needs. 4 points
          5 e. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of either bladder or bowel. 6 points
          5 f. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of both bladder and bowel. 8 points
          6. Dressing and undressing.
          6 a. Can dress and undress unaided. 0 points
          6 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to dress or undress. 2 points
          6 c. Needs either - (i) prompting to be able to dress, undress or determine appropriate circumstances for remaining clothed; or (ii) prompting or assistance to be able to select appropriate clothing. 2 points
          6 d. Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their lower body. 2 points
          6 e. Needs assistance to be able to dress or undress their upper body. 4 points
          6 f. Cannot dress or undress at all. 8 points
          7. Communicating.
          7 a. Can express and understand verbal information unaided. 0 points
          7 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to speak or hear. 2 points
          7 c. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand complex verbal information. 4 points
          7 d. Needs communication support to be able to express or understand basic verbal information. 8 points
          7 e. Cannot express or understand verbal information at all even with communication support. 12 points
          8. Reading and understanding signs, symbols and words
          8 a. Can read and understand basic and complex written information either unaided or using spectacles or contact lenses. 0 points.
          8 b. Needs to use an aid or appliance, other than spectacles or contact lenses, to be able to read or understand either basic or complex written information. 2 points
          8 c. Needs prompting to be able to read or understand complex written information. 2 points.
          8 d. Needs prompting to be able to read or understand basic written information. 4 points.
          8 e. Cannot read or understand signs, symbols or words at all. 8 points.
          9. Engaging with other people face to face.
          9 a. Can engage with other people unaided. 0 points
          9 b. Needs prompting to be able to engage with other people. 2 points
          9 c. Needs social support to be able to engage with other people. 4 points
          9 d. Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either - (i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or
          (ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person. 8 points
          10. Making budgeting decisions.
          10 a. Can manage complex budgeting decisions unaided. 0 points
          10 b. Needs prompting or assistance to be able to make complex budgeting decisions. 2 points
          10 c. Needs prompting or assistance to be able to make simple budgeting decisions. 4 points
          10 d. Cannot make any budgeting decisions at all. 6 points
          Mobility activities
          11. Planning and following journeys.
          11 a. Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided. 0 points
          11 b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points
          11 c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points
          11 d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points
          11 e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points
          11 f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points
          12. Moving around.
          12 a. Can stand and then move more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 0 points
          12 b. Can stand and then move more than 50 metres but no more than 200 metres, either aided or unaided. 4 points
          12 c. Can stand and then move unaided more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 8 points
          12 d. Can stand and then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 metres but no more than 50 metres. 10 points
          12 e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided. 12 points
          12 f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –(i) stand; or (ii) move more than 1 metre. 12 points
          Personal Independence Payment (PIP) daily living component points scores

To get an award of the daily living component, you need to score:

For daily living, the points need to be scored from activities 1-10 above.

You can only score one set of points from each activity, if two or more apply from the same activity only the highest will count. So, for example, if:

4 d. Needs assistance to groom. 2 points
          4 g. Needs assistance to bathe. 4 points

both apply you will receive only the 4 points for the ‘Bathing and grooming’ activity. These can then be added to points for other activities, such as 'Dressing and undressing'

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Mobility Component Points Scores

To get an award of the mobility component you need to score:

For mobility, the points need to be scored from mobility activities 1-2 above.

As with daily living above, you only score the highest points that apply to you from each activity, but you can add points from activities 1 and 2 together to reach your final total.

PLEASE NOTE... This is information I sourced from the internet and verified, I take no credit for the content but will accept thanks for the post

nick0

So the fact my husband has to dress me when i have the back spasms i need to tick that box, i didnt even realize i needed to put this down as i thought of a disabled person 24/7 and didn't consider this and yet Saturday evening my husband had to dress me because i couldn't move i was totally unable to do a thing even take pain killers he had to do it for me and put ibuprofen gel on my back to ease the spasms .

Comment

Hi S2M,
            Now you have read the above list that will be asked by the Assessor, that should give you an idea of when you are assessed.
            The PiP system is a points based system so the more points you have (from the list above) the better chance you will qualify for the payments.

What you put down on your claim form they will talk about so it is important that you put down everything you can think of regarding your
            disability and help you need. If your Husband helps you dress, does the cooking then put that down because that will help in your claim.

TAKE MY CLAIM FORM AS AN EXAMPLE :

On my form I put that I could not stand up and carry items in a kitchen, I could not use a microwave because I could not safely walk
            with items in my hand with the fear that if my back went I could drop hot food on to myself.

Nick

Comment

Hi S2M,
              Now you have read the above list that will be asked by the Assessor, that should give you an idea of when you are assessed.
              The PiP system is a points based system so the more points you have (from the list above) the better chance you will qualify for the payments.

What you put down on your claim form they will talk about so it is important that you put down everything you can think of regarding your
              disability and help you need. If your Husband helps you dress, does the cooking then put that down because that will help in your claim.

TAKE MY CLAIM FORM AS AN EXAMPLE :

On my form I put that I could not stand up and carry items in a kitchen, I could not use a microwave because I could not safely walk
              with items in my hand with the fear that if my back went I could drop hot food on to myself.

Nick

that;s exactly what happens with me i coudln't carry a single thing even something light as i just collapse and can't walk when the spasms are happening and the pain in between is just so horrendous one small move wrong and i am collapsed again ,

Comment

well the form is finished and is ready to be posted back tomorrow, i got a reminder today so fingers crossed everyone please .

Comment

Well done for getting he form completed and fingers crossed for a successful outcome
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I feel your pain as going through similar with ESA renewal forms that I received last month. Posted them off Tuesday as deadline to receive them is today. I'm sure you used to get 6 weeks to send back the forms but now it's 4 and I got my reminder letter last week. Last time I was lucky and didn't need to go for assessment and they awarded me for 3 years. I kept a copy of the previous completed questionnaire and as nothing's changed I basically put the same things down again. It's not a nice experience and just have to sweat it out and keep fingers crossed that whoever gets to view the forms and makes the decision isn't having a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                      well the form is finished and is ready to be posted back tomorrow, i got a reminder today so fingers crossed everyone please .
                      Well done S2M. My fingers are crossed
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        Well done S2M. My fingers are crossed

Thank you , I'm a bit worried though cos they wanted the last appointment date for 'open minds' but it was the first one in January and the next is in March and i have only just had the assessment in January , but we explained it all in the notes, we put down about the medication phobia and the fact that my GP said he will monitor me in the surgery if i go in . Hope it goes well i put down for a home visit as i get so anxious and panic attacks going to strange places , but i put down that my husband will have to go with me if i have to go to an assessment . There were many questions i answered yes to which i didn't think applied to me and because it asks about good and bad days i was able to answer yes .

so now we wait for a reply .xx

Comment

Well done S2M all you can do now is hope for the best and try not to worry to much. When you get your appointment hopefully they will agree to a home assessment but if they don't you are able to send in a Doctors letter supporting a home visit and they have to give the request consideration.
                          I hope it all goes well for you my fingers are well and truly crossed.
                          Well done Hubby I'm guessing it will have ben a stressful time for him too. xx

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
                            Well done S2M all you can do now is hope for the best and try not to worry to much. When you get your appointment hopefully they will agree to a home assessment but if they don't you are able to send in a Doctors letter supporting a home visit and they have to give the request consideration.
                            thanks yes stressful , but we hope for a good result

Comment

All the best x
                              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post

Hi , i sent you a pm see if you can help with something if that's okay x

Comment

Working...
                                X