GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pra Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pra Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra Group

Originally posted by creditcritter View Post
    I sent the request to Mbna for Sar request unfortunately heard nothing back big mistake , I did not send by recorded delivery which is the usual way I do no no proof on that
    You need that SAR from MBNA and you need it pronto.

Di

Comment

sent the file to Brodie's who are asking me to pay all monies due by a date in June or they may consider legal action without notice
      I've just seen this post ^ ^ ^

Could that be a LBA your wife has received?

Di

Comment

I read it on a site by googling Experto Credite Diana only repeating what it says on the page my main point I have looked at is that the debt was sold to Experto in 2010 by Abbeycard Mbna as on my transaction sheets now Pra are claiming they have been sold the debt by Abbey ( M6 ) in 2016 which co inscides with Experto going into liquidation , I know you where the solicitor is the previous case that's why I appreciate your advice how to go forward I can forward you my paperwork if it's ok

Comment

I will re send the Sar today via recorded delivery

Comment

I will re send the Sar today via recorded delivery
            Or call them to ask if your original SAR was received and then remind them that they have to comply within 40 days.

Di

Comment

Ithe debt was sold to Experto in 2010 by Abbeycard Mbna as on my transaction sheets now Pra are claiming they have been sold the debt by Abbey ( M6 ) in 2016
              Well they would say that wouldn't they.

We see Particulars of Claim where there're a few years and names 'missing' in the assignment chain.

Di

Comment

An update Diana I e.mailed Brodies they actually where quite helpfull , I explained about things not matching up they have agreed to order themselves copies of the supplied paperwork & I believe they are willing to wait on me getting a Sar which i have re sent yesterday recorded delivery using your template as Mbna cannot seem to trace my previous one probably binned it as I sent it ordinary first class , once things are all in place they want to discuss further.

Comment

An update Diana I e.mailed Brodies they actually where quite helpfull , I explained about things not matching up they have agreed to order themselves copies of the supplied paperwork & I believe they are willing to wait on me getting a Sar

. . . . once things are all in place they want to discuss further.
                  I wouldn't tell them too much or they'll only remedy the situation with reconstituted documents and then issue a claim.

PRA are ruthless and remember solicitors take instructions from their clients. The decision to take this to court would come from PRA not Brodies.

I'm baffled why they are waiting for you to get your SAR from MBNA. Perhaps they're hoping you'll then tell them what's in it so they can use that information to support their case if needed.

My advice is to also send a SAR to PRA to see what information they have on file. They should have the scanned paperwork and Transaction Log which Experto Credite had on file which could be interesting.

You need to know what they know or more importantly what they don't know

Di

Comment

Good idea Diana I think the Pra Sar could be very revealing but remember collections where done via Aktiv Kapital there previous name but will send it over the weekend & keep you updated.

Comment

but remember collections where done via Aktiv Kapital there previous name
                      I do remember Aktiv Kapital were involved but I'm more interested in who else was involved such as Varde and Experto Credite.

In your post # 43 you say you received documents which mention Varde Experto.

If a claim/writ is issued you'd be arguing assignment issues

1) Pra recieved my CCA request 16/12/2015;
                      2) 17/12/2015 recieve confirmation of request recieved returning my postal order for £1
                      3) 20/01/2016 recieved small signature box signature form enclosed terms dated 11/02 plus a printed date with details sub client Varde Experto

Send that SAR to PRA pronto.

I can see that on 23rd January (post # 19) you were advised to send a SAR to MBNA but that hasn't happened over four months later.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      If you want to collect evidence to protect your legal position if PRA do become litigious, then I would advise you to send a SAR to the original creditor now. That way you'll know if any reconstituted documents produced by PRA are 'honest and accurate'.

You're at the future proofing stage.

Di (aka Plan B)

You're focusing on the way you feel you've been ll-treated by PRA but indignation is not a Defence.

Di

Comment

Mbna Sar sent recorded the other day , I will send one to Pra first thing Monday , I believe the Sars will show up the mistakes ,I remember from my Payplan dealings it gave you most of the trail but you cannot get access to that information later , Mbna did sell to Experto , Aktiv did the collecting as do Pra , I do not believe they ever purchased the debt from Experto so therefore not there's to chase , I believe things have been conveniently missed over the years by them , my one & only wish is to have this finished once & for all.

Comment

Mbna did sell to Experto , Aktiv did the collecting as do Pra , I do not believe they ever purchased the debt from Experto so therefore not there's to chase , I believe things have been conveniently missed over the years by them , my one & only wish is to have this finished once & for all.
                          I also wish that you and your wife finish this once and for all but complaining to all and sundry may not achieve that aim.

PRA are litigious.

I also know that you may have misunderstood who was collecting/owning the debt as the years went by. Perhaps this was a case of 'smoke and mirrors' (intentionally)

Di

Comment

I want this to end problem is Pra have not been straight forward to deal with , I have dealt with others before , I thought Vanquis where difficult but at least when it looked like court they allowed reasonable f&f settlement how do you see this going from here , as you said I have sent Sar to Mbna & Pra , can you explain I don't understand what you mean about the debt ownership & whose playing smoke & mirrors I do want your advice & help to get this to end but I need to be able to understand what you are meaning sometimes , I want to see the back of this without court action , the way I see the trail although I am only an ametuer Experto bought the debt , Aktiv colllected for them followed by the new name Pra , Experto go down the tubes , so who owns the debt what is the actual chain , have Pra just made claim to it since they handled the account , honestly Di I just want your help to get this ended if there paper trail is wrong & unenforcable tell me , are they correct do they have the correct paper trail is it me that is in the wrong sometimes I feel I am being a pest asking these questions .

Comment

I want this to end problem is Pra have not been straight forward to deal with , I have dealt with others before , I thought Vanquis where difficult but at least when it looked like court they allowed reasonable f&f settlement how do you see this going from here . . .

. . . . I want to see the back of this without court action . . . . if there paper trail is wrong & unenforcable tell me , are they correct do they have the correct paper trail is it me that is in the wrong sometimes I feel I am being a pest asking these questions .
                              You're not being a pest for asking questions

It took a three day hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice (with several hundreds of pages of documents under scrutiny) to decide whether PRA 'owned' my account or not. I say 'my' account because what works in one case may not work in another.

If your aim is "to see the back of this without court action" then a settlement of some sort would be the only way.

You say PRA have not been straightforward to deal with and I won't disagree with that - they can be very aggressive in their pursuit of money and litigation seems to be their weapon of choice. Debt purchasers often are aggressive sadly.

However you say that you feel Brodies solicitors are being "helpful" and they have requested all sorts of documents. So presumably they have called off the dogs for now?

Di

Comment

Thanks again I will keep the board updated I do appreciate your help

Comment

Working...
                                X