GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pra Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pra Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pra Group

Will do thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by creditcritter View Post
      this morning I received a letter before action they are threatening to pass the account to there Scottish solicitors Brodie's a nasty bunch from what I have heard they are known ambulance chasers & trigger happy litigators , it is claimed they have researched my wife's financial position which I doubt
      If they're threatening to pass the account to solicitors then it's unlikely you've received a formal Letter Before Action/Claim. That would come from Brodies.

I have been corresponding with them for eighteen months regarding this account

What have you been saying in your correspondence for the last eighteen months and was one of your letters a formal s.77-79 CCA Request including the £1 statutory fee? Or did you/your wife (you say they researched her financial positon so I assume it's her account) send one to the original creditor?

Post up if/when you hear anything from Brodie Solicitors.

Plan B x

Comment

Niddy has been advising me , I have done everything in the correct order . I have been informed that I should sit tight as what I have recieved is unenforceable on a few counts , I realise now the last letter I recieved is not the letter before action but as you said a letter threatening such I will explain fully the diary off events when this concludes to help others to n the same position.

Comment

Niddy has been advising me , I have done everything in the correct order . I have been informed that I should sit tight as what I have recieved is unenforceable on a few counts , I realise now the last letter I recieved is not the letter before action but as you said a letter threatening such I will explain fully the diary off events when this concludes to help others to n the same position.
          I can see Niddy has been advising you but since you posted on an open forum it may be helpful to others to follow the storyline, and even contribute to the thread.

As Niddy has said in posts #14 and #15 he has asked Jo (solicitor) to take a view on whether the letter you received from PRA needs a response.

I work for Jo.

Can you confirm whether you/your wife has sent a formal s.77-79 CCA Request and if so when was it sent and to whom?

If you want to collect evidence to protect your legal position if PRA do become litigious, then I would advise you to send a SAR to the original creditor now. That way you'll know if any reconstituted documents produced by PRA are 'honest and accurate'.

You're at the future proofing stage.

Di (aka Plan B)

Comment

I understand your position now , we sent the request to Pra roughly eighteen months ago they own the debt , other communications followed leading to last January when they sent me a signature box typical mbna sort with terms & conditions dated 2002 the card was taken out in 2003 they said at that stage they had supplied everything available from Mbna /abbeycard & that they would be communicating no further unless anything else was found , in December 2016 they sent me the same with the date on the terms doctored to look like it was relating to 2003 not 2002 they doctored the 2 by putting a tail on it to look like a 3 then demanded payment , Niddy looked at the box agreement & reckons it's identical to the Virgin one that was deemed unenforceable in court he said there was several flaws in it .

Comment

Update I have made a formal complaint to Pra regarding the handling from the start of my correspondence to now detailing all communications & how the where dealt with as a result they are going to investigate & have put on hold until they reply to me.

Comment

I have made a formal complaint to Pra regarding the handling from the start of my correspondence to now detailing all communications & how the where dealt with as a result they are going to investigate & have put on hold until they reply to me.
                I do hope you haven't said too much which may trigger a closer examination of things. You don't really want them to remedy any errors they may have made.

I thought the plan was to do nothing?

Niddy has been advising me , I have done everything in the correct order . I have been informed that I should sit tight as what I have recieved is unenforceable on a few counts
                Di

Comment

No my complaint is purely about there poor handling off my case , I have written all my communications in the correct order they have dealt with me in an unfair manner , I have threatened them with an Fca complaint they are well known to them for this type of behaviour , just a side tracking attack at them as they are so incompetent.

Comment

No my complaint is purely about there poor handling off my case , I have written all my communications in the correct order they have dealt with me in an unfair manner , I have threatened them with an Fca complaint they are well known to them for this type of behaviour , just a side tracking attack at them as they are so incompetent.

What are you wanting or hoping to achieve from your complaint to PRA?

I don't know what unfair things they've done wrong (because you've not said) but are you seeking financial compensation or simply retribution?

The FOS can 'order' compensation if your complaint is upheld by them, but the FCA won't investigate individual complaints by consumers (although they like to hear from whistle-blowers).

My only concern is that by making a lot of noise you run the risk that during the course of their "investigation" into your complaint they may dig up documents (or reconstitute some) which they might not have done if you'd kept your head down as you say you were advised to do.

There's a saying lawyers use which is 'don't litigate through correspondence'.

Is there any likely date for this debt to become Statute Barred? It's only five years in Scotland where Brodies solicitors operate. If so it may make sense to filibuster for the final few months by going to the FOS with your complaint.

Di

Comment

It was getting token payments via Payplan until just over a year ago so no good for statute barred , the debt was all a side issue from my debts which where dealt with through a bankruptcy , there was about 30k either in my wife's name or joint , I managed to get all apart from 6k to this lot written off , I previously beat Pra with two accounts before bankruptcy getting them written off via advice from Niddy & reading these threads using the same method , I am dealing with there procedures as I did previous there system seems to go into total confusion the way I am doing it , I am hoping to get the same result as before , I will need further advice as it proceeds should my plans be changed don't want to say much on here until then , when I get this last one sorted I intend to publish a full diary to help others as this is the best advice site I have ever dealt with.

Comment

Hi Niddy I recieved a reply to my complaint about Pra's poor handling of my requests & information supplied they are inferring that all they have to do now is send me a statement of account to complete there obligation then once that is supplied they will re open the case , I have never at any time shown them my hand , although advised by yourself & plan b not to the complaint was already set in place by a call centre operative I just thought it would be a useful curve ball move , at the end of that letter they give me an offer of compensation £480 due to the fact that they have upheld most points in my complaint apart from what they consider fulfilment of the Cca request , I feel this might have a catch it's a bit long winded for the forum I will mail you what I have been sent , I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the letter sent .

Comment

they have upheld most points in my complaint apart from what they consider fulfilment of the Cca request
                          From what you've posted it appears that PRA remain adamant that they have complied with your CCA Request and plan to "re open the case" whatever that may mean.

Their previous correspondence threatened to instruct Brodie's solicitors.

Di

Comment

it would seem Pra are adament they have nearly complied my request but according to Niddy my case is similar to the virgin case in which Pra where easily defeated in court , additional to that I have picture proof the have fraudulently altered the box agreement by hand as it is small terms from the previous year , I take it I should await there next move , the offer of compensation £480 seems like a trick move as an acceptance or refusal section has to be filled in , they state if I accept the payment I am accepting my complaints are resolved which would leave it open for them to chase me for the money they also ask for bank details to pay the money what a sneaky way off fishing dangling a carrot any thoughts?

Comment

it would seem Pra are adament they have nearly complied my request but according to Niddy my case is similar to the virgin case in which Pra where easily defeated in court , additional to that I have picture proof the have fraudulently altered the box agreement by hand as it is small terms from the previous year , I take it I should await there next move , the offer of compensation £480 seems like a trick move as an acceptance or refusal section has to be filled in , they state if I accept the payment I am accepting my complaints are resolved which would leave it open for them to chase me for the money they also ask for bank details to pay the money what a sneaky way off fishing dangling a carrot any thoughts?
                              My thoughts? Forget the alterior motives & take the cash they are offering. If they decide to chase again, fight/ignore them, your choice. If it were me I'd take their money now, screw them while you can. Then again I'd take any chance to get one over a bank/dca

Comment

There's over £6000 owed on the account if I sign the acceptance form it may allow them to chase me for the rest by accepting my complaints have been addressed accepting the offer may leave me admitting I owe the rest , I have e.mailed Niddy what I have been sent I am sure he will reply in due course.

Comment

Working...
                                X