GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Don't know what to do -- RBS ignoring me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Don't know what to do -- RBS ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Don't know what to do -- RBS ignoring me

Hi, firstly I'm not sure if I'm on right category & if I'm not can anyone move it to where I'll get answers? Secondly I apologise for the length, but would like you to understand the background. Here goes....

We had a current acct mortgage with RBS which we repaid when we remortgaged Dec 05. A few days before we completed my wife took a call from them saying they were checking our 2 loans were being repaid also. When my wife said no they said as the acct was being closed as it was a cam, they would have to set up the payments to go to credit management in Scotland & this would be sorted in the new yr. In Jan my wife rang & was told the payment for both was £250 mth taking into acct some arrears added from the closure of the bank acct to then (the prev amounts were £136 odd +£97 odd) anyway that was accepted & she pd by dc & gave our new bank details for a dd to be set up.

Never heard from them but in Ap my wife realised no payments had gone out of her bank. She rang & was told no dd had been set up as they couldn't do it over the phone, my wife argued that they'd let her think she had & they said it was a common problem! She then checked her credit files & they'd added 2 loans on which were duplicate ones for the ones held at branch. She rang & asked for the incorrect information to be removed as it looked like she'd 4 accts & also asked for a settlement figure as we were in a position to repay & we did in late May. In June 06 she checked the credit files again only to see nothing had been changed so she wrote in to them. We received a letter a few days later that was just headed "Accounts" no numbers, but it stated they had now updated all credit files. She checked again & 3 had been removed completely & 1 had been marked as satisfied.

That's the story. Unfortunately my wife had a nervous breakdown in 2007, & as she'd always been the one to look after things has tried since. I didn't realise how difficult she was finding things. but i've just found unopened letters stuffed in bags going back to 07 she says she wasn't hiding them but just put them into bags until she felt she could deal with them. Amongst them was a ccj in default in sept 09 for a debt to RBS!

I wrote to RBS (inc my wife's authorisation) on 24 aug (rec - it was delivered 26th) stating all above & asking them how this debt could be & sent all copy letters & even credit files from the time showing no debt. I had no reply. After I sent the 1st letter we got new credit files & the plot deepens as it shows as a ccj on both experian & equifax but one of them says satisfied & the other doesn't! Nothing has been pd AFTER the ccj was granted - the ccj has just come to light!!

I then sent a 2nd letter urging them to reply & sent the new credit files & stated that they had not even acknowledged my letters. I also added that if I have no response by 21/09 as I believe 28 days is long enough, I would deem this to mean they have no proof of the debt & would apply to the courts to have the judgement set aside.

I don't know if I should have put the last bit cos can't afford the £75 fee at mo, but I thought it would force them to react. I do think we would get it set aside though after reading the reasons that you need, my wife's gp has already stated he would write on her behalf re her illness & her not completing any court papers.

I still can't believe they've not replied, but as i say I am new to dealing with these things. I'd be grateful if any of you could point me in right direction, spinning round at the moment!!

Re: HELP!! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO - RBS NOT RESPONDING TO ME!

Originally posted by ineedhelp
    I still can't believe they've not replied, but as i say I am new to dealing with these things. I'd be grateful if any of you could point me in right direction, spinning round at the moment!!
    Time to go to the FOS - see here: ---> http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/c ... laints.htm
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for the link. Just read through & only thing is it says after 8 wks & it's only been 4, is it ok to send now or do i need to wait another 4 wks?

TIA

Comment

Hi

Sounds as if they have been playing around for considerably longer than 4 weeks, its a simple process, phone FOS and they will take your complaint over the phone. see here www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ for all the necessary information. Explain the situation to them and complain, loudly and long. I have done this and it was resolved for me in 4 weeks, all interest charged was refunded and they paid me £50 compensation.

Comment

Hi ;Hi

I did letter for FOS on Wed with intention of posting thurs as soon as I'd checked ok (above) but post came before I did & there was a letter from Regal (dca who are dealing with it I presume) stating they will be forwarding documentation to prove the money is still outstanding! ;EEK

So no replies from RBS as to why I've got a letter stating accts satisfied & even 1 of the credit files showing ccj settled! Just passed on like I've said nothing! I'm fuming!!

Anyway I guess I don't send the letter to FOS now? And wait to see what comes next?? ;Hmm

Comment

I am sure Niddy or someone with more knowledge than me will be along to advise later. If you have proof of this being satisfied I am sure you will still send the FOS letter and copies of the documentation you have and also the DCA letter. You will need this confirming by someone who knows better than me.

Comment

Re: Help Don't know what to do -- RBS ignoring me

Hi ;Hi
              Thanks for the reply. I don't have anything that specifically states that acct was settled, just a letter from rbs from Jone 2006 to say they were letting the credit file co's know the accts (no acct no's on the letter though) were satisfied & I've got a copy of my credit file from 2006 that shows the only debt to rbs was marked satisfied! Also there is now the ccj that is on (sept 09) & marked settled on experian & still outstanding on equifax (or other way round). As she didn't know she had a ccj nothing has been paid to have had it marked as settled so that info could have only been given from RBS!

I think I'm just going to wait & see what I get back now as at least someone will be looking into it now I think!

Will post when I know something more

Comment

Re: Help Don't know what to do -- RBS ignoring me

Any update from Regal (DCA's) or anything else.....?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X