GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kilasuits Diary (debt free and life improvements)

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    sorry Social workers bring out my nasty side.
    Try living with one as a child and growing teenager - Its worse that I'm having to deal with them now as well. In fact one of the main reasons behind moving out of my mums at 16 was because I couldn't cope with her mentality that also filtered into home life.

I could understand the whole 24 hours notice if I wasn't working or worked either part time or shift hours but still its damn ridiculous that they expect me to be able to drop everything for them anyway.

And yeah it really does seem like the mentality is "he works so lets punish him for it and make life difficult and not be sensible about working around his working commitments"
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

How are things?

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Kila, any news? how are you doing ? x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I know its been a while - lots has been happening including losing this battle at court for the kids.

However I am far from giving up - just re-evaluating the situation and looking to gauge a better plan for the next year or so.

In more interesting news - I'm presenting at 3 Technology events - One in Cambridge - http://www.spsevents.org/city/cambridge/cambridge2015 and then one in Singapore http://powershell.asia/ which I'm looking forward to as will be nice to get away for a little while and then I will be presenting at another shortly after http://www.collab365.events/ so its becoming interesting times ahead

Although there is some further uncertainty as my role at UoM has been placed at risk for redundancy http://staffnet.manchester.ac.uk/new...=2015&month=07 so it may be that I'll be out of work again soon although nothing has been confirmed as of yet so it may pass me but we shall see.

My Landlady is being an ass as well so I may be moving soon too - oh the joys.
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

How long you been at UoM - will you get any redundancy?

I know its not ideal, a would rather keep your job (I suspect!), but need to keep all situations open
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Apparently the previous VR schemes havent been too bad to those with under 5 years getting 6months pay - but still awaiting confirmation on this

Comment

glad to see you are still with us kila, I wish you better luck from here xxxx

Comment

Sorry to hear you lost the court battle for the kids...and that you may be made redundant. But it's great that you're going to be presenting...especially in Singapore!

Life is full of obstacles, it's how you deal with them that matters. Look at it this way, if things never changed there'd be no butterflies.

Good of luck for the future...whatever it brings
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Ok its been a while and a lot has recently happened (as always does with me) - lots of stuff for the longer term good and a few little annoying but manageable things too.

So the good stuff first :-)

Firstly I've been doing more presenting at local groups and at another international event.

I'm now running in Manchester a UserGroup (we had our first meetup last night where I presented both sessions) for Windows PowerShell - the scripting language for almost all Microsoft server applications - and I'm also co-ordinating the London PowerShell User Group as well hopefully soon to be others springing up all around the UK.

I'm also Co-Organising a PowerShell Conference in Hannover, Germany which is happening the middle of April which has been a lot of fun so far and I'm likely to be presenting there as well.

I've already got my first confirmed 2016 conference that I'm speaking at the PowerShell and DevOps Summit in Belle Vue, Washington, US for my 26th! (beginning of April) So I'm looking forward to that a lot as its a rather big event in the PowerShell world and I'll be toe to toe with the Microsoft Product Group and many of the MVP's (Microsoft Most Valued Professional) as well.

However thats the good stuff.

The bad is a continuation of previous past events - housing really hasn't been a good thing for me at all and this latest one takes the biscuit somewhat. Long story short my ex landlady tried to illegally evict me by changing the locks to the house a week before I was already moving out so she could move her daughter and boyfriend into the house.

She had been a complete ass for months and really was the worst Landlady i've ever had.

However I'm between houses atm whilst I sort out a few other things as to add to it all I'm now longer working at the University. Lots of IT changes and I took voluntary severance whilst it was being offered. I've got a good package out of it considering the amount of time I'd been there and this will help reshape things properly for the future.

So atm things are interesting but I'm in really good spirits about it all and the future ahead as this allows me to move into IT Contracting / Consulting / Bespoke Training which I think would suit me better longer term too
                    Last edited by kilasuit; 26 November 2015, 00:38. Reason: additional info

Comment

Hi kilasuit, it's good to hear that your work life is going so well ( it seems a bit better than McDonald's )and hopefully your housing will be sorted. It's great that you are in really good spirits, I hope everything continues to improve.

Comment

I'm glad you're feeling so positive about everything kila...onwards and upwards!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Well being between Manchester & London living in hostels this last month has given me a bit more perspective on life.

Really have felt like i've been on a long term holiday more than anything else though luckily I have had things to do (for the User Group & conference) to keep me busy so thats been good.

December is going to be an interesting month though

Comment

Working...
                          X