GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

*** Thread temporarily closed to allow cooling off ***
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Guys

This nonsense really has to stop. Last warning, before the thread stays shut.

If you disagree with someone or something someone said then use PM, that is why we have such a facility - or is it better that I disable the PM facility and we all speak in public?

Seriously, enough now - any more of this, or it spilling onto other threads and then we'll start closing things and monitoring users, ie you'll need to have your post approved by a mod, before it becomes live.

We don't wanna know about religion, the facts speak for themselves - CAP is not a preferred referrer of ours so why we're arguing over a firm we'll maybe never even talk about again is bonkers!

Lets stay on topic - and no more of the personal insults. I am not taking sides but I will say one thing, I totally agree with Garloks last post - we see it daily and THAT is why we exist! Usually a user comes to us after finding they're at the last chance saloon so we try and guide them back onto the right path.

Recently though, it seems no matter what we say (spell it out or link to case law) the original poster won't let it drop, and this could be due to conflicting past and/or present help BUT the key point is our ability to all get along at the end of it. We (myself and all the mods) will not sit here and watch anyone be personally attacked, so it stops here and now.

Religion and debt belong in the same bin, you either believe in it or you don't - simples really.

Anyone want to comment about my post, PM me.

Thanks!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
        You've forgotten to tithe your 10%, Strawb.

LOL...yeah I know but last year I read a puritan (okay 19th century) given to me by a SAHM on tithing...said loud and clear not to tithe whilst you have debt...as it means you're making out your better off than you are.... LOL..

So right now it's just £5 a month to the building fund and occaisonal monies to RB.....

But it made me question stuff on MSE as they kind of like boast and get all proud about their frugality (some of them) whereas stuff like tithing should always be done in secret (think Pharisees).... and like you should be frugal (according to this book) so you can give more to christian/worthy causes....not to spend it upon your lusts...

Pray this didn't offend anyone...always worth giving my two pennyworth on tithing (have views as you can see )

SC

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          Healthy discussions, differing opinions and a bit of banter is fine; let's not fall out or get personal guys!

Lets take "religion" off the menu, and continue with this thread in a friendly manner please lovely people

Remember, we are all here for the same reason - so we have that in common, at least x
          Sorry didn't read the rest of the pages before I posted on tithing....

wont' get involved in debates about CAP...it's getting too personal.....

Don't mean to offend anyone...and notice I wasn't hear on my holy day (Sabbath) to avoid last week's rumpus...

Everyone have a good day and get back to doing small things

Hugs

SC

Comment

Hello S_C.

If you have read through this thread, you'll see that it got a bit heated; we have found that religion and politics are the subjects which people have such passion for that it does cause arguments between users - and it is for that reason that these topics should be avoided.

I respect that you have your faith and it plays a big part of your life and thank you for understanding our reasons for avoiding it on this forum.

diddly
            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

No worries Diddy.....

Hope you're okay. Bit annoyed @ the person who brought up CAP again when the conversation was over on that score :...

But tis life

SC

Comment

Today SC I am not buying any lunch - will make do with what I have here - so will hopefully mean i will get a NSD in too!!

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                  Hello S_C.

If you have read through this thread, you'll see that it got a bit heated; we have found that religion and politics are the subjects which people have such passion for that it does cause arguments between users - and it is for that reason that these topics should be avoided.

I respect that you have your faith and it plays a big part of your life and thank you for understanding our reasons for avoiding it on this forum.

diddly
                  Yep, never argue about religion or politics.....or football.....or the fact that you all owe me twenty quid each....

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                    Today SC I am not buying any lunch - will make do with what I have here - so will hopefully mean i will get a NSD in too!!

I read this first as 'I am not buying you lunch' LOL.... so easy to misread stuff online...

Will post later....Not really 'with' it this am

Jo

Comment

• Re: What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

Small things to stay debt free for today? Return the faulty vacuum bag and get a refund £1.25p) Exchange pack of basmati rice for equivalent of long grain rice in Mr T's and collect balance (97p)Make pastry, and put all leftover meat and veg from yesterday into a pie for tea. Make potato wedges with chilli oil and herbs, cook at same time as pie, with a rice pudding to use up all oven space.

Comment

Working...
                      X