GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

This is a thread for small things cos small things make big things...

Tell us what you are planning to do/have done to get debt free today..It could be a simple thing like catch the bus instead of drive or a bigger thing like sell stuff on ebay. Or if you have a disability it could just be little recovery stuff.....

The slow snail wins the race...the round the world trek started with the first step...

So be proud and tell us of your achievements...

----------------

Well I'm starting the thread today with a wee list of things to do....all will help me in my 'recovery journey' so they're not so much about debt busting as about recovery and when I'm most well is when I'm most on track with the budget....

So today's list (must put on phone!!!)
    • Housework
    • Menu plan and food shop till next thursday
    • ECDL
    • Jogging
    • Check online banking and adjust spreadsheet
    • Clean the boys out

SC

Re: What small things are you going to do today to help you get debt free

Well today it's the christian Sabbath (please no theological debates about what day Sabbath is on

So should have gone to the baptist church this am but didn't make it...Been asleep half of day :

Debating the pentecostals or the calvinist tonight.....Hmmm....

Also has anyone tried 'evernote' for this challenge?

SC

Comment

Now Now - please let's keep religious beliefs to oneself

Religion can't help people in debt - even Dot Cotton agrees with that one - as she told "heva".....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well I went to asda today in search of a new walking stick and came away with something much better and cheaper.

It is a telescopic and shock absorbent hiking stick cost just £4.79.

Looks pretty cool much better than the common walking stick.

Regards

Comment

i'm having a day at home so won't be tempted to spend. i'm not feeling so good so i'll be pleased if i do the dishes and clean the bathroom

Comment

Went out for the day with a friend and we ended up helping another friend at a show. Saved pennies because she bought the food and drinks for us both all afternoon and has just phoned for pizza for us all.
            Saved on food and a couple of £ that I would otherwise have used for a day out
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Bought all the BOGOF offers in Tesco this morning so saved a fair bit on shopping.

Filled the car up saving 5p per litre as we'd spent over £50.00 so saved another £3.00 odd.

Now debating blowing the savings on a Chinese!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Religion can't help people in debt - even Dot Cotton agrees with that one - as she told "heva".....
                With Sabbath being such an intrinsic part of my week and with so often finding myself convicted of sin in one form or another on Sabbath it's hard not to mention it if I am on here

No offence to anyone. No reproving. Just me...take me or leave me ...I'm a christian and proud of it.

By the way if you find that offensive I care to proffer your problem is more with the cross of Christ than myself - i know I am far from perfect....way far beyond it...but I also know that without Christ I'd still be 10K in debt and DEAD!!!....do you hear me now?

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

PS. Dot cotton is a fictional character and not my authority with all things concerning my soul and eternity....

Pretty poor to base your entire eternal view on a fictional character if you ask me...(feels a nasty debate coming on)...

Just think about it please Niddy..

SC

Comment

Originally posted by Strawberry_Cupcake View Post
                    With Sabbath being such an intrinsic part of my week and with so often finding myself convicted of sin in one form or another on Sabbath it's hard not to mention it if I am on here

No offence to anyone. No reproving. Just me...take me or leave me ...I'm a christian and proud of it.

By the way if you find that offensive I care to proffer your problem is more with the cross of Christ than myself - i know I am far from perfect....way far beyond it...but I also know that without Christ I'd still be 10K in debt and DEAD!!!....do you hear me now?

SC
                    With respect SC, not everyone has the same beliefs and mentioning it on a regular basis may have an adverse affect.

We'd like everyone (where possible) to get along and whilst we understand how important your faith is to you, I'm sure other users would apprecite it if you would tone it down a little.

Thanks
                    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

SC

I'm slightly confused at your tone and insult regards my knowledge of fact v fiction. I'm not going to get into any debate however I will remind you of a couple of points that may have slipped you by;

a) I pay the bills & maintain the forum and if I ask you not to do something it's a polite way of saying "stop it" not a request

b) I am not stupid; I was making a facetious remark after "telling" you to tone down the religion - I think maybe you got confused in my wit ergo assumed, incorrectly, that I was a dip-shit and thought dot cotton was real and lived in walford

c) I don't "want" to hear you - I did "hear you" the first time and thus told you to tobe it down a bit. A lot of people here have different beliefs, different morals and different situations. That said, we cater for all however there are users here FAR worse than yourself and they do not feel the need to "preach" to us.

d) We're a debt forum; not Christian Aid

I don't want to leave you in a similar predicament to MSE so please show a little respect and acknowledge the 4 points above as being the final say on things. Let's move on - I'm happy for you to post what you want, but one post about religion is acceptable - repeated posts suggest something else altogether.

Regards

Niddy
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No worries niddy...

Just me being online on Sabbath...that was all....I'm not paranoid right now so it's cool...

But if mentioning Sabbath a few times on here is going to get me in hot water why bother?

Sorry about the 'lost in translation' bit...Christians do however help folk out of debt - there's a free DMP that even ML recognises called Christians Against Poverty. Not my thing personally (on the basis it's a DMP) but still good none the less...

Some of the church's doctrine it propogates is a little arminian (theological use of the word Arminian) but still. Good organisation none the less.

Please pardon my convictions of sin on Sabbath...... Sorry if it also pricked other folk.....

another reason to not be online on Sabbath ....if I weren't online it would never have happened...

SC

Comment

Hi

We promote CAP - they are free which means they can't be discounted. I know what you're saying but to a lot of guys here, sabbath has black before it and play loud music - no offence intended but the politest way to say this is to be blunt - some things is just too damned heavy to deal with....

Especially being we ARE a last chance saloon for debtors, if you see my point.

Have fun posting; you're welcome to - let's just move on now it's a new sunny week

Comment

Yeah cool niddy....

SC

Comment

Great thread.

I have just chopped up 2 credit cards: Barclaycard and Marbles.

Comment

Working...
                              X