GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tierisch's DFD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tierisch's DFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tierisch's DFD

Hi all

Well not so much of a diary more of a 'where i am'...just to help those who feel there isn't an end to the tunnel. My problems started about 8 years ago when the ex who had developed mental health problems took me into debt to the tune of 80 - 100k (and a few more thousand that popped up later). The how and why it was hidden are another story but needless to say found myself at the end of banks, CCC and DCA threats and harassment. The tactics they used were appalling and initially i had no idea how to deal with all this stuff so floundered and got stressed with it all. Eventually had to sell the house which left the proceeds to pay off creditors (except i found the other half had acquired CCJs and charging orders which had to be paid from the proceedings of the house).

After a few years came across Niddy on some other sites (which i won't mention ) and followed a lot of his advice which helped tremendously. So following this managed to get some refunds from the CCC, negotiated settlements (although a couple wouldn't budge) and started to go down the unenforceability route with the DCAs which brings me up to now(ish).

So one became statute barred a month or so ago and anyway they never produced a CCA so this is fine with me.

One fairly soon although they seem to have cottoned on I have moved address, and didn't bother to tell them, so am getting almost daily letters. Keeps the privatised postie in a job as well as the recycling service so they can keep sending them.

Another in February and thus far they haven't come up with a CCA and have gone quiet since i reminded them they had defaulted on sending this.

One left which i am paying 50p a month (for the next 676 years) even though they keep inviting me to ring them and have a chat about this (some hope!). I might do a SAR request in 2689 so they have to print thousands of pages....well if i was alive i might!

And in the last few months got a Vanquis card which is helpful and will dump this as soon as credit rating improves.

So lots of up and downs, stresses and **it......but getting there and so hopefully by early next year will be financially okay. If this gives somebody a bit of hope then that will be great....as there is always someone worse off. It reminds me of someone i know whose brother found in himself in the same situation as me but his wife racked up debts of 250,000!

Tierisch
    Last edited by tierisch; 14 January 2014, 10:00.

Re: Tierisch's DFD

Thank you for sharing your story tierisch... and well done on reaching SB.

I would just say to anyone reading this that you should keep all letters from lenders/dcas along with the envelopes (letter and envelope marked with the date received) and not recycle them or throw them away.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Thank you for sharing your story tierisch... and well done on reaching SB.

I would just say to anyone reading this that you should keep all letters from lenders/dcas along with the envelopes (letter and envelope marked with the date received) and not recycle them or throw them away.
      Thanks Pixie and you are absolutely right....keep everything! My comment was a little tongue in cheek as I only recycle those without any postmarks etc as long as the letter is kept and I write the date received on it. Well that's one more day to SB although a few DCAs will no doubt be sending my christmas cards inviting a nice cheery chat!

Comment

Originally posted by tierisch View Post
        Thanks Pixie and you are absolutely right....keep everything! My comment was a little tongue in cheek as I only recycle those without any postmarks etc as long as the letter is kept and I write the date received on it. Well that's one more day to SB although a few DCAs will no doubt be sending my christmas cards inviting a nice cheery chat!
        I keep those envelopes too...

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well the SB one has now disappeared from my credit report so not seeing it there is a nice marker. A month to go for another one but they didn't come up with an credit agreement in any case so that's fine with me. That leaves two more one of which is (I think) is SB soon but without SAR the original lender not sure of the exact date I made the last payment etc....so keeping quiet at the moment. It's a long haul!

Comment

Bit of an update and mainly cus we are moving house and it was good to be able to state no adverse credit history which might impact!!....the nasties have disappeared from my credit report and the other ones showing are settled. That leaves three others in the wings one of which is SB (not heard owt since requesting CCA), the other they haven't come up with a CCA and the last is being paid at the 50p for those 676 years! Have a couple of credit cards which are being used carefully. All in much better and getting there (thanks to AAD peeps) although I am sure the little nasties will keep popping up

Comment

Bit of a different addition to the diary...the ex who caused the debt in my name has now done the same to her mother and our daughter. So i am in the process of sorting out my daughters credit report and dealing with various companies. Have reported it as fraud but because there is so much goes on the authorities aren't interested (read as inadequate resources)so all we get is a crime reference number. To be fair most of the companies have been 'supportive'. Bit of a way to go in sorting out her credit report....thought i had seen the last of this but hey ho the world comes back to bite us! Tierisch

Comment

That's just awful for you ,all the best xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

At least you know we are all here to help this time

remember a problem shared is a problem halved, unless the problem is I only have 1 bottle of wine left, I don't share wine !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tierisch View Post
                    Bit of a different addition to the diary...the ex who caused the debt in my name has now done the same to her mother and our daughter.
                    What an awful woman!!

At least you have the knowledge to deal with your daughter's credit report and we're here if you want to ask anything or just want to rant.

Comment

Thanks everyone. And on the new yesterday was the stuff about the increases in fraud...not surprised given that there aren't the resources to deal with it. I rang Fraud Action and they do help but said it is highly unlikely the police will either take any notice or do anything. Crimestoppers said the same thing. We are just minions and in the grand scheme of things it's not a priority. Oh well back to my early morning cup of tea!

Comment

Hello all

My DFD update...all been relatively quiet, well kind of! Sorted out a lot of my daughter's problems with the fraud though about to send off for credit reports to see what is left on there after the various companies have stated they will remove entries.

As for mine all but one is SB and have carried on paying a really minuscule amount as happy to let that go on...sleeping dogs and all that as it will take hundreds of years. Last few months have been receiving letters from crapbot (the europe version) providing various options so they can work with me (pah) and also statements of account...they are deluded as i don't have any accounts with them! They also state they are the lender...wrong again. As before it keeps the postie in a job and just gets filed.

Some i settled come off the CR in a few months so getting much better as the years go by.....except i now am paying for a divorce. Does it never end? Oh well all being well my partner and I want to get married next year so better e-invite everyone here

Comment

Hi all

Update to my DFD...well only a few things. So divorce is going through and waiting for a date for the nisi. The ex has ticked the box for wanting the court to sort out a financial order...seems to have forgotten all the fraud. Oh well will give the solicitor something to argue about...Crapbot have stopped sending me nice letters so they must have run out of stamps or someone to lick them (!!!).

Don't get time to pop in as much as i would like to...but often read without logging in.

Tierisch

Comment

Good morning, great to hear from you, hope you don't get any more sudden supprises from the ex and all goes to plan for you xx

Comment

Good to hear from you tierisch. Best wishes for the future x

Comment

Working...
                              X