GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debrag View Post
    Well I don't appear to have the default notice but will check again. Regulatory letters - yearly statements etc?
    Regulatory notices - yes exactly that ans things such as notice of sums in arrears

many PDL's had a habit of communicating by email so if you changed your email address it might have not been received. In any event DN's should be delivered by post

As I said, i am not sure about the need for a DN in cases where the loan term is short or expired

Comment

In 2012 I got an email from QQ 'refer your account to a Third Debt Collection Agency who will be in touch with you in due course.' Then in 2015 (October) I got an email 'Please be advised that this account is no longer with us and has been referred back to our client.' and started getting the 'Notice of Payment 60 Days Overdue' email August 2015 to March 2016 . January 2016 QQ claim ARC hold my account but why am I getting 'notice of payment' emails from QQ in 2015?
      Jan 2018 sold to MMF/Lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post

Regulatory notices - yes exactly that ans things such as notice of sums in arrears

many PDL's had a habit of communicating by email so if you changed your email address it might have not been received. In any event DN's should be delivered by post

As I said, i am not sure about the need for a DN in cases where the loan term is short or expired
        Well I did move address so that may be why I don't have a DN. Does the 'notice of payment overdue' count as notice of sums in arrears?

Comment

It would depend how they were worded and if the included FCA factsheets. It is a technical area that I don't feel qualified to comment on without seeing the documents. There are various bits of legislation that cover this

Comment

Well I don't have any letters from qq only email, same for Lending Stream. I have those for Natwest though.

Comment

So Harlands/Trugym (not even sure if it's on my credit file now) have acknowledged my SAR request, now the wait starts.

-----

Can I just say, I am loving this forum. So much better than others I've been on
              Last edited by debrag; 22 July 2018, 07:39.

Comment

Debt 1 Natwest Loan

Opened: August 2016
                Current balance: 4889
                Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
                Last full payment: December 2018
                Arrangement: Reduced payment
                Correspondence: July 2018 - in partnership with Westcot

March - Collections letter, i+e attached, ignored
                April - closing of accounts letter, payment proposal form attached, ignored
                May - Formal notice of intention to file a default
                June - Notice of arrears in compliance with CCA 1974
                June - Notice of refund of interest (£468
                June - You have fail to comply letter received
                July - changes to ongoing management of repayment plan, partnered with Wescot, in touch within 14 days to management provider (no longer with them)
                July - AP on credit report start date May

Comment

Debt 3 Very

Opened: December 2016
                  Current balance: 767
                  Last full payment: November 2017
                  Owner: NCO

December - NCO letter, 'we are acting on behalf of Shop Direct'

January - Very statement
                  March - NCO letter, Notice of Sums of Arrears under CCA 1974
                  March - NCO letter, Total outstanding letter
                  March - NCO letter, Confirmation of the following payment arrangement (£1)
                  May - NCO letter - Concerns regarding overdue account
                  June - Very statement
                  July - AP on credit report, start date July, current status '6 months late'

Comment

Debt 4 JD WIlliams

Opened: June 2013
                    Current balance: 1740
                    Last full payment: December 2018
                    Owner: JD Williams

March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
                    July - AP on credit report, state date April

Comment

Just thought I'd mention that my SAR documentation from Lantern didn't contain a notification of default or notification of assignment. I do have a notification of assignment & notice of sale via email though. How do I know if those are correct? Will the notice of default came from the QQ SAR request or does it mean I've never had one?

Comment

With reference to your QQ debt, It may in fact not be enforceable. You've probably got the same documentation as me.

I have two accounts through CashEuroNet UK LLC with two different DCA's. Lantern/MMF contend the agreement is enforceable but PRA Group say that the agreement isn't. They are identical.

I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and believe I have found the fatal flaw. I've discussed it with Niddy, (albeit briefly), who says I should keep it under my hat. I will discuss it hopefully later with Di, (I've emailed it to her as well), and if it's a good case I'll share it with you. But hang fire just yet...

Like you I have had no default notice or notice of assignment. Both required.

Comment

Debt 14 Lending Stream

Opened: February 2012
                          Current balance: 86
                          Last payment: ?
                          Last full payment: 2012
                          Arrangement: Nothing
                          Owner: Credit Resource Solution, account been sent back to LS

In dispute, LS claim balance is still 134

Deleted emails
                          Confused this debt with one above
                          CRS sent back to LS

Possibly SB March 2019
                          SAR request sent
                          Complaint email received yesterday in regards to my SAR request

Comment

Originally posted by Shotley View Post
                            With reference to your QQ debt, It may in fact not be enforceable. You've probably got the same documentation as me.

I have two accounts through CashEuroNet UK LLC with two different DCA's. Lantern/MMF contend the agreement is enforceable but PRA Group say that the agreement isn't. They are identical.

I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and believe I have found the fatal flaw. I've discussed it with Niddy, (albeit briefly), who says I should keep it under my hat. I will discuss it hopefully later with Di, (I've emailed it to her as well), and if it's a good case I'll share it with you. But hang fire just yet...

Like you I have had no default notice or notice of assignment. Both required.
                            Niddy looked at my agreement and said it was enforceable. Will be trying to go down the no default notice route but as I've moved home won't that go against me? Default was May 2012

Comment

Niddy looked at my agreement and said it was enforceable. Will be trying to go down the no default notice route but as I've moved home won't that go against me? Default was May 2012
                              He looked at mine and agreed mine too was enforceable. Then I pointed something out to him and he looked again. It actually might not be....

Comment

Originally posted by Shotley View Post

He looked at mine and agreed mine too was enforceable. Then I pointed something out to him and he looked again. It actually might not be....
                                Interesting to find out what the flaw was ')

Comment

Working...
                                X