GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script credit file and UE debts question please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

credit file and UE debts question please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit file and UE debts question please

It's about nine years since we had problems paying our debts - first we had a dmp and paid through them and then in 2012 July we joined here and doing the UE route .

My question is this and i think i asked it before but not the same way lo.
    If our debts are now UE but not yet SB do the dca keep updating our credit files with none payment - or do all debts paid or unpaid fall off credit files after 6 years ? As its been 9 years since we had dmp and on here with UE will they have fallen off our files ?.

The reason I'm asking is that our MOT is due this month and we haven't got anything saved back to pay for it should it be a huge amount - we paid everything we had towards to paying bills so we know a few garages that do the payment plan , we used last year without problem - but we used a friends garage so wondering if its credit checked and he just helped us get the payment plan , you pay 10% on the day then 3 monthly payments by direct debit which we did last year .
    We've had a fall out with him over our son's none payment where he wanted us to pay his debt , we said we can't afford it so now we need another garage but need the payment plan .

Sorry if that's all confusing I just need to find out if our credit files are going to look really dire when we come to applying for the payment plan at another garage .

Thanks s2m

Re: credit file and UE debts question please

hard to say S2M, depends on th OC and when they applied the default to your files. if when you first defaulted then they will be off your file after 6 years (5 Scotland)
    BUT, if you were in a DMP your account could have been marked with AP (arangement to Pay) till you stopped paying and then they could of been defaulted and the default marker put on the file.

sorry if it is of no help, but thats how it sometimes works. hope your ok, NW xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      hard to say S2M, depends on th OC and when they applied the default to your files. if when you first defaulted then they will be off your file after 6 years (5 Scotland)
      BUT, if you were in a DMP your account could have been marked with AP (arangement to Pay) till you stopped paying and then they could of been defaulted and the default marker put on the file.

sorry if it is of no help, but thats how it sometimes works. hope your ok, NW xx
      thank you for the reply - the things is we won't know will we as we don't want to wake the creditors up by checking the files .

I stopped paying my dmp in July 2012 , how long does it take for creditors to default i can't remember receiving any default notices after this time . Can i ask the dca for this information or is that acknowledging the debt ?

thanks again for the reply appreciate it . Got my dad in intensive care he has got sepsis and e-coli been in there 9 days drifting in and out of consciousness , he's off oxygen now but hooked up to drips .
      We're exhausted running up and down to the hospital , we need the car on the road as the hospital is an hour walk away and i don't fancy walking that everyday .

Will see how it goes for the MOT might not be much lol xx

Comment

So sorry about dad S2M let's hope he will be on the mend soon sending hugs xxxx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
          So sorry about dad S2M let's hope he will be on the mend soon sending hugs xxxx
          thanks I've been to see him this evening and he was awake he has eaten something and was trying to speak but couldn't understand everything he was saying -but he was smiling and being cheeky to the nurse lol .

He is getting there but its a slow recovery about a month we are told x

Comment

Working...
          X