GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can category 6/first party fraud marker be removed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can category 6/first party fraud marker be removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can category 6/first party fraud marker be removed

Originally posted by vimto456 View Post
    Sorry for rambling haha. But it's actually made me anxious just thinking about it all.
    Try not to. Honestly, you've won the battle so f*ck the past and move forwards. Pointless getting anxious / worked up over this ever again. Walk away with your head held high knowing you were in the right.

Life's too short. Yea you could sue them for their treatment but based on your anxiety issues I'd walk away if it was me.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Try not to. Honestly, you've won the battle so f*ck the past and move forwards. Pointless getting anxious / worked up over this ever again. Walk away with your head held high knowing you were in the right.

Life's too short. Yea you could sue them for their treatment but based on your anxiety issues I'd walk away if it was me.
      Oh God no I don't want to go down that route I'm just glad to be nearly back to some kind of normality. I've just spoken to Lloyds they said the marker should be removed by now so I just need to send off for my SAR and then once it's back I can get a bank and savings account open.

If I've previously applied for a bank account with Barclays for example and had it closed due to the cifas marker would I be able to apply for a new account with them?

Thank you so so much I really am grateful!!

Comment

Originally posted by vimto456 View Post
        If I've previously applied for a bank account with Barclays for example and had it closed due to the cifas marker would I be able to apply for a new account with them?

Thank you so so much I really am grateful!!
        If it was within the last 3-6 months then expect a decline but then appeal it based on lloyds correcting the incorrect data once you became aware of the error and raised a complaint. That should see them give you a current account.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If it was within the last 3-6 months then expect a decline but then appeal it based on lloyds correcting the incorrect data once you became aware of the error and raised a complaint. That should see them give you a current account.
          It was August 2013. That's good to know though because every bank apart from HSBC has rejected me. But I've not applied for any since 2015.

Comment

Well CIFAS lasts 6 years now so it needs removing THEN reapply. What's s couple more months now

Comment

Well CIFAS lasts 6 years now so it needs removing THEN reapply. What's s couple more months now
              That response has really confused me, the cifas has been removed now 😀 it's taken about a month to decide which bank to go with as I was stuck between Yorkshire bank, nationwide and first direct. Finally worked up the courage to apply and now my wifi isn't working. Typical..

Comment

So you're trying for a primary lender account? Good luck. Now the CIFAS has gone you should be back to normal.

Comment

Just a quick update, I've opened a bank and savings account on 11th May and received my card etc. They are still open so guessing there's no issues, in a few days I will transfer my money over.

Thanks again everyone for the support and kindness

Thanks Niddy for writing me that letter!!

Comment

Well done Vimto!
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Niddy,
                      really impressed with how you helped vimto out, and well done vimto! But I'm in a similar situation and desperately need your help!!

I have been getting rejected for all credit etc, so I decided to get a cifas report, and there on 2 banks I never even opened!!

one Halifax account, and a national westminister bank, whatever that is?

so I knew fraud had happened in my name as police had knocked on my door, and I had a police interview, obviously not having a clue what was going on, they let me go and haven't heard anything since, that was in November 2016.

The weird thing is, the police interview was about 3 different accounts, lloyds, Santander, and NatWest!
                      also the cifas letter I have received, on the address it says used for the 2 x bank accounts is my address? But I've never received such paperwork, or cards etc??, although my time at address they have entered 2 different dates (whoever opened the accounts?)

but i so desperately need to get these removed off my name, there ruining my life!! I can't get accepted for a mortgage, and getting rejected for all credit, which is making my credit score down even worse, please please help me, I would really appreciate it,

thankyou,
                      sam

Comment

Niddy was great help, hopefully Niddy can help you too. Good luck!

Comment

I was in desperate need of money so I came across some guy on Facebook who convinced me that he will make me money and give me 50% of whatever was made. I met up with him and gave him my NatWest bank card and details. He made 2 transactions of £500 to my account so £1000 in total and withdrew the money instantly. I then got a message from him saying my card has been blocked so I phoned NatWest and they transferred me to the fraud team. They said that they have seen some suspicious activity on my account and that i’d need to show proof of the transactions. I made up a story saying I got the money of a family member because I needed it to buy myself a prom outfit which was 2 weeks away. They then started asking more questions so I hung up because I got scared. I received a letter in the post saying that my account will be getting closed and that I have a few days to cancel whatever. This happened June 2016 and I haven’t had any lucky getting a bank account since then. I’m in desperate need of a account now. Every bank has declined me. My parents are always asking me what happened to my account and I just keep telling them that I lost it and that I applied for a new one which is on the way. Up to this day they still don’t know what happened. I know what I did was wrong and I feel like a complete idiot even saying this. If there is anyone out there that can help me out ASAP, I would really appreciate that.

Thank You.

Comment

I am 17 and im in a similar situation to you Mubarik, I trusted a friend with my card as he told me his friend could link it to a trading app and predict investments. after his persuasion I gave my card and details (biggest mistake of my life) I then went to give him the card itself (barclays) after I left him he said he would keep me updated however messages from him were sparse and often vague as to what exactly was going on until I received a call a month after handing my card over from a number I didn't recognise. I answered the phone and it was my friends friend who was doing the trading (allegedly) and he said the the job had gone really well however I was going to need another bank account to distribute money to, he said that metro bank would be best as they give you your card within an hour and I would recieve the money quicker. I met again with my friend and gave him the metro card. about a week went by and the main person phoned me saying block your card with barclays, I exclaimed "what!!!" and he hung up on me I immediately called barclays and they said my account was under internal review. I thought this would pass and I would receive a new card but it didn't and the metro bank card wasn't blocked. all of a sudden transactions began happening on the metro bank card but I didn't notice the notifications on metro app were blocked and I only found out these were happening when the card got blocked. I went to get a new account with lloyds however they could not offer me it due to cifas records. I am now in contact with the police and Barclays Bank, can anyone help?

Comment

You need to basically report it to Action Fraud and get a crime reference number and then appeal it with the bank.

Your appeal would be wholly based on the fact that a CIFAS can only be added if you were involved in the fraud, in so much as the bank being able to take action (criminal) against you - and having the evidence as well - so because you have admitted giving your details to a third party, that is not fraud. That is negligence of the account Ts & Cs - two totally different things. So you would argue that you fully accept that you messed up and breached the account terms, hence you're fine with them closing your account based on that however you'd argue that you were not involved in the fraud and they cannot prove otherwise therefore they must remove the CIFAS entry as it is wholly unlawful.

That is how you would argue this, and if the bank refuse then you'd write to CIFAS and send them a copy of the communications with the bank / your evidence (ie the crime reference number), and ask CIFAS to intervene as the bank is not utilising the CIFAS service by the correct guidelines in issuing a marker against you for negligence, you were not complicit in any fraud and the bank cannot prove otherwise (also mention you've gone to the police yourself and provide the police crime reference as it all helps).

If that fails and CIFAS refuse then your last hope is the FOS (Ombudsman) in which you'd argue the same points as before.

Essentially your whole argument is that you were young and daft but that does not make you a fraudster and unless the bank could actually take action against you then they cannot add a cifas.

Hope this helps....

Comment

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether me previously having a cifas marker would affect me getting a mortgage?

Lloyds removed the marker in January 2017 and I've had no issues getting credit since it was remove.

I'm just worried it might affect me when I've finally saved enough for a deposit.

I had previously had accounts opened and closed due to the marker (two will drop off my credit report by October this year and one will remain until November 2019).

Would I need to disclose the fact that I've had a cifas marker to a mortgage broker/bank when I apply for a mortgage? I don't want to be at risk of seeming as I've tried to conceal it if that would cause more trouble/cause me to end up with a cifas marker.

Hopefully someone knows the answer...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X