GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Category 6 marker from the bank....help! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Category 6 marker from the bank....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category 6 marker from the bank....help!

Hello everyone!

I'm writing this post in the hopes that someone, anyone can help me.

Before i start, i fully acknowledge my own stupidity and naivety into thinking this wasn't anything but a scam, so here goes...

Back in Jan 17, i opened an account with Bank M so that i could have money i've earned from extra shifts into a separate account from my main one.

I met a man through a friend at a social gathering in my home. We got talking throughout the night and he told me he works for a charity called W.S.U (We Support You). He said it was a charity created to support key workers in saving up a deposit for a mortgage. He asked some questions like, how much i earn, what are my outgoing and ingoings, what is my housing status, how many hours i worked and how much did i need to save. He also confirmed that i was a key worker. He said they had just started and that they were looking for candidates to support and that i fit the criteria. He said that i needed to do was provide him my account number and sort code and he would get me started. He also said that i would be supported over a period of 6 months and that he would tell me when the funds would be available for me to access, which would be every other month.

So every other month i would recieve notification that the funds were in my account and i would go into the branch and withdraw what was there to keep it at home as a new tactic to save some money. I never really checked my account because i never used the card, it wasn't my main account so i didn't (in my eyes) need to check the ingoings and outgoings.

3/4 months later, i went to collect my next deposit at the branch and the bank had said there was a problem with my account. I was confused and couldn't access my funds. I then checked my transactions and saw all kinds of money going in and out. I didn't know what to do! I didnt feel that anyone would believe me if i told them what happened. I've never been in trouble with these kind of things before and said nothing. I then received a letter from bank M, saying my account was closed. I didn't say anything nor complained.

It's now come back to haunt me because my main bank, bank N closed down all of my accounts! They didn't tell me why. And i was so confused. I researched into the possibilities and stumbled across CIFAS. I sent them an SAR and i received a response back saying that bank M have put a category 6 marker on my name.

i contacted them today to try and appeal this and they said i must send a letter of appeal.

This is stressing me out and really affecting my mental health because i've looked into the implications of having such a marker on your name. If this doesn't come off i'm screwed for the next 6 years and i really don't know if i can take that! I cannot believe how stupid i am.

So my question is...what do i do now? Does anyone know how possible it is for the marker to be removed? What if they reject my appeal? What do i do then?

Thanks in advance!

What bank? There is no Bank N / M etc. Please name the bank(s)....

best to email me direct for cifas help.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

So sorry the banks were Metro bank and Natwest...

thanks

Comment

Ahhh the same two

nothing new there - Metro issue CIFAS like confetti, me thinks they forget the underlying principle that a marker can ONLY be added if the lender has sufficient evidence to commence a legal action against you. So unless they could actually have you charged, no CIFAS *should* be added.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X