GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NatWest closed my account! Someone please help me!! Cifas marker - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatWest closed my account! Someone please help me!! Cifas marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest closed my account! Someone please help me!! Cifas marker

I was in desperate need of money so I came across some guy on Facebook who convinced me that he will make me money and give me 50% of whatever was made. I met up with him and gave him my NatWest bank card and details. He made 2 transactions of £500 to my account so £1000 in total and withdrew the money instantly. I then got a message from him saying my card has been blocked so I phoned NatWest and they transferred me to the fraud team. They said that they have seen some suspicious activity on my account and that i’d need to show proof of the transactions. I made up a story saying I got the money of a family member because I needed it to buy myself a prom outfit which was 2 weeks away. They then started asking more questions so I hung up because I got scared. I received a letter in the post saying that my account will be getting closed and that I have a few days to cancel whatever. This happened June 2016 and I haven’t had any lucky getting a bank account since then. I’m in desperate need of a account now. Every bank has declined me. My parents are always asking me what happened to my account and I just keep telling them that I lost it and that I applied for a new one which is on the way. Up to this day they still don’t know what happened. I know what I did was wrong and I feel like a complete idiot even saying this. If there is anyone out there that can help me out ASAP, I would really appreciate that.

Thank You.

niddy has posted the following information.

With CIFAS you must follow a pretty basic formula which is;

1. GET A SAR sent to CIFAS to see who added the marker against you;
    2. Appeal directly with the bank / lender who added the marker but also report it to the police / action fraud etc and get a crime reference number (if it wasn’t you who deposited dodgy money etc);
    3. If the bank refuse to remove it then you can request CIFAS investigates before finally going to the Ombudsman (FOS).

unlike before, a CIFAS entry now lasts 6 years & not 13 months so bear this in mind before allowing someone you don’t know to deposit cash into your account.

Full info - https://www.cifas.org.uk/contact-us/...access-request
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

as you gave the person that deposited the money your account details you may have to give the information to the police,
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X