GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How to remove a marker for fraud by a bank - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove a marker for fraud by a bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove a marker for fraud by a bank

Hi, sorry for the long post
    But if anyone could help I would be honestly so grateful.
    The card for a current account that I had with HSBC was stolen around October of last year, an account that I would rarely use unless my grandfather who is my primary carer had put money into it which he would do on the first of every month. I didn't report the card stolen because I hadn't realised it was missing due to the scarceness of its use, until I received a letter in the post from my bank saying a fraudulent cheque had been attempted to be paid into my account, not once but three times.

When I received the letter I went straight into the bank to enquire about what was going on at which I was advised by a staff member to cancel my old card and report it as stolen. After this I received a call from the bank saying that my account was under investigation and that they wanted me to tell them what had happened, which I did. After I told them what was going on they said that they would get back to me within a few days.

When the bank finally got into contact with me it was through a letter saying that they were closing down my account and that I had to remove all my funds within 30 days. Again I went back into my local branch and inquired about what was going on, the staff member I spoke to wasn't helpful at all and wouldn't tell me why my account had been closed down or how I could fix it.

I had just turned 18 at the time and I honestly had no idea what to do, so I left it. A few days later me and my grandfather tried to open a current account jointly with Nationwide because I needed one to work and for University, after which we were soon sent a letter stating that the account would be closed and that I would never be allowed to bank with them again. I phoned in to ask why the account I had opened had been closed, to which they told me that there was a marker on my name from my previous bank HSBC.

At this point I was beyond lost and had absolutely no idea what to do, however I did some research and came across the company CIFAS who I sent my identification to and a subject access form. However my passport which I provided as ID was a few week away from being out of date, so my SAF was rejected. For some time I left this whole issue because of my school mocks and A Level exams as well as needing to get my passport renewed.
    Now I am at this current point in time, having sent off another SAF to CIFAS with valid identification over 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back from them.
    What do I do?
Working...
X