Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCO!!

Hi there,

I am hoping that you can give me some information about my credit file.

I was under an IVA arrangement for a number of years. This completed a while ago and I received a certificate of satisfaction in December 2014. I was hoping that I could now rebuild my credit file but it seems that a company named PCO have decided to register the default NOW, even though the date of the default was 04/10/2009.

Now I have searched around a bit and it seems the have a habit of doing this and are a bit of a pain getting to remove it. What I am hoping is that, as the default date is 04/10/2009 then on 04/10/15, which is 6 years after the default date, this just 'disappears'.

Can you please confirm that this is true and that it will be gone on 04/10/15? Can you also let me know if there is anyway I can remove it?

regards

Re: PCO!!

It will be removed 6 years from the recorded default date. That is the initial default date recorded.

If that date is wrong, being after the start date of your IVA, then you complain telling them that you will take them to the FOS and ICO if they do not correct it.

If just a matter of a few weeks or months wrong it may not be worth the bother, as can take time to sort, but that is your call.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: PCO!!

Although not the correct way to do it, if the original date is correct, I see it making little difference as you will obviously have other defaults around the same date which will be due to drop off at the same time?

I am with Riz. If there is only a short time till it drops off anyway, it really isn't worth the hassle.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X