GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency

I did my first ever search on Equifax and saw Eon had placed a late payment marker for last year. They also have me as linked to two names from 1995 (both the late wife-maiden name and my surname) which I think it wrong as it is so long ago, and the fact she has died.

Comment

[QUOTE=Never-In-Doubt;269673]Oh I am arguing with their CEO with this one, same as e-On as both have started reporting (e-On report to Equifax) without any agreement by me. Apparently the ICO say it's acceptable to suddenly start reporting data if they tell us - to which I argued yes, if we have right to refuse service however as water boards are tied to a locale, we cannot argue with YW and decide to go to Severn can we, hence due to lack of competition they actually cannot share my data as there is no way for me to reject such sharing in line with my human rights.

They have not come back to me yet.... I might start a super-complaint regards this as it really winds me up that in essence they are saying we are now sharing your info but you have no right to reject it, because we supply your water and always will do so you get no choice about it either.

It's bollocks :mad[/QUOTE]

Cheeky sods - i didnt know they were starting doing this. It does pig me off that they have us over a barrel! as there is no competition except for what ofwat decides is in our interest......think we might wing an email off to severn to see if they are doing it as well.

Cheers

Tierisch

Comment

CRAs and searches seem to be a bit hit and miss. Are there hidden files?

When deciding whether I could afford to insure a car, I supplied details to several sites e.g. GoCompare, Compare Meerkats etc. My search history on Noddle had 50+ entries from brokers. Why when I had not asked for credit terms?

Also a DCA claimed to have used a CRA, but there was no evidence of the search.

Comment

:helloooo

Does anyone know if B&Q Financial services report to CRA's? Can't see anything listed above.
          Just trying to get an idea of my credit file without going anywhere near it of course ;W :lol

Edit: I'm not applying for anything, just wondering about an on-going account :beer
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

B&Q is Equifax search matey as its issued by Screwfix Group i.e Trade Uk ([url]https://www.credit.trade.co.uk/[/url])

I know a senior underwriter ;W
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Never-In-Doubt;338670]B&Q is Equifax search matey as its issued by Screwfix Group i.e Trade Uk ([URL]https://www.credit.trade.co.uk/[/URL])

I know a senior underwriter ;W[/QUOTE]

Ah that's good news mate as i've got good history with them. I think i recall you saying who ;W :beer
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=missy;338671]Ah that's good news mate as i've got good history with them. I think i recall you saying who ;W :beer[/QUOTE]

Haha yea - you know too ;)

but they should use Equifax. I'll text & clarify :)
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Never-In-Doubt;338674]Haha yea - you know too ;)

but they should use Equifax. I'll text & clarify :)[/QUOTE]

That would be ace, thanks mate :beer

Comment

Actually, they use Experian 100% :)

Comment

[QUOTE=Never-In-Doubt;338680]Actually, they use Experian 100% :)[/QUOTE]

Happy Days! Thanks for confirming mate :beer

Comment

[B]Are they New or not?[/B]

latest FREE clear score com advertised recently - Quotes on telly and website: [QUOTE][FONT=arial][CENTER][B]No credit card or bank account details needed.
                        No free trials. Just free. Forever[/B]

[/CENTER]
                        [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Have found that the data is supplied by Equifax. Anyone know any low down on these people? Clear Score not Equifax ;)

Comment

they are equifax and their site tell you

Comment

Working...
                          X