GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Drydensfairfax Solicitors Default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drydensfairfax Solicitors Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drydensfairfax Solicitors Default

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
    If you were in an IVA as recently as 2012 - 2015 then your credit file/score was probably trashed when all those debts defaulted (in 2012?) but the entries should be falling off your file any day now if they haven't already vanished - it's six years after the default was registered.

Is this Drydens' default the only blemish on your CRA file?

I'm not saying that an incorrect entry on your file is of no consequence (and it needs to be dealt with) but you asked the question could you claim damages (moneywise) as a result.

Did your IVA fail (the dates suggest that)? If so are any of the other creditors who were included in it chasing you and have you sent s.77-79 CCA Requests to any of them?

You may like to start a Diary on the forum where you'll get help and support to tackle all/any of your creditors who may be making things difficult for you. Or is this the only one?

Di
    Yes, its only the Drydens default thats causing me a headache!!

Why put this on my CRA now with only 1 year left to run!?

Makes no sense to me at all!!

Comment

If your IVA started on the 1st June 2012 then that entry will remain on your CRA file for six years (i.e. until 31st May 2018) and will be doing far more damage to your credit score than your Drydens Default (which shouldn't be there anyway if they don't own the debt).

What date is showing as the Default on the Drydens entry?

If your last IVA payment was in 2015 there's a long way to go until these debts become Statute Barred - assuming I've understood your post which implies the IVA failed not completed since you cancelled it. Those creditors can still chase you for the debts so if you want to establish which ones are unenforceable and which ones aren't then start a diary and list each one.

If any of them start to make a noise then send them a CCA Request.

Di

Comment

The Drydens default is showing as 3rd August 2012.

I don't know as to why its only just gone on my credit file with a year left on the default!!

Comment

According to the ICO register Drydens have permission to share information with credit reference agencies (but it would still need to be accurate and correct information) and I would think they would need to own the debt too.

Search the ICO Register here > https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z177841X

"We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organisations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.

Where necessary or required we share information with:
          • family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
          • current, past or prospective employers
          • educators and examining bodies
          • healthcare professionals, social and welfare organisations
          • business associates and other professional advisers
          • trade associations and professional bodies
          • suppliers and service providers
          • ombudsman and regulatory authorities
          • employment and recruitment agencies
          • complainants, enquirers
          • financial organisations
          • debt collection and tracing agencies
          • credit reference agencies
          • private investigators
          • courts and tribunals
          • central government
          • traders in personal data
          • courts and tribunals

See what Drydens say in response to your complaint.

Di

Comment

I can't help but feel that even if you successfully get the default removed from drydens they could in theory correct it by adding it back as max recovery. The date if default is the key here. If that's correct then either way it's not due to fall off until 2018. I personally can't see how damages can be claimed since it looks to me like the default date us accurate. It doesn't matter when they add the entry although they are naughty for not doing it sooner. The default is genuine since you did default on contractual payments. It's not like they have added a default with a recent date. Personally i think you have been lucky that it wasn't added sooner.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky4sum View Post

MBNA sold the debt to Max Recovery Limited towards the end of 2012.

I have never received a default notice or warning letter prior to the default been added on my Drysden.

I have sent a letter of complaint to Drysden yesterday recorded delivery.

I would have thought that the data controller would be Max Recovery Limited as they bought the debt.
              It's been a month since you made your complaint to Drydens Fairfax, so have you received any meaningful response?

Di

Comment

I received this from Drydensfairfax on the 4th July 2017 via email!!

Its supposed to be a Notice of Assignment.

This is to me is inconclusive and doesn't prove they own the debt.

Its missing my full name address and account number.

Any advice on now how to proceed?

The account has been placed onhold for 14 days before they recommence debt collection activity. MBNA.pdf

Comment

I can see you've started a new thread on this same topic but it may make sense to keep everything in one place so anyone helping you can see the backstory.

Originally posted by Lucky4sum View Post
                  Drydensfairfax sent me this document via email on the 4th July.

Its a so called "Notice".

Under section 136 of the Law and Property Act 1925, these types of Notices are supposed to be sent registered post.

It is also missing my full name, date of birth, address, and account number.

To me, it just looks like a basic office template!!

Link to your other thread here > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...drydensfairfax

Di

Comment

Do you think what they have sent me is valid please?

Under section 136 of the Lawn and Property Act 1925, all Notices must be sent registered post.

This was sent via email!!

I don't think its valid personally!!

Comment

that was superseded years ago would carry on with case
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

So, if I get a court claim, how is best to proceed then if the Lawand Property Act can't be used?

Comment

as far as posting method bit of a red herring , mainly understood for mortgages letter etc,I was informed by a solicitor (Very High Value claims) possibly, concentrate on any content if you get a N1 court form, others may have update if any on the subject, but i found on few occassions any court case side stepped when question of delivery, mainly that a record of letter sent on companies record, ( No doubt the big White Book may have reference to)

Comment

I've been told that Section 136 of the Law and Property Act 1925 is still in use.

Comment

yes but method of delivery?

Comment

It says on section 136 that Notices must be sent registered post and addressed to the person.

This Notice was sent via email and has no name on it, its an open letter to anyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X