GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clearscore (Experian) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearscore (Experian)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearscore (Experian)

Hi All,

As Clearscore offer free credit report based on Equifax data (sort of Noddle - Callcredit partnership), I am inclined to see what they have on file against my name - I have Noddle already and check it regularly every month.
    However, my concern is about sleeping dogs, etc.
    Last year (5 years after starting my UE journey) I had to obtain copies of my credit files from both Experian and Equifax and, although I cannot prove any connections, shortly after that (3-4 weeks top) got a number of letters from DCAs "wishing me well".
    It was in December so it might be as well Xmas bonus hunting rather than me nudging them by requesting credit files.

Anyway, as am edging towards SBs (last payment in the first half of Dec 2009), should I hold on my urge and DO NOT register with Clearscore?
    Or are they really good guys and do not share data with anyone (as they say themselves) but then who would believe / trust CRAs?

My curiosity tells me: go on, register, check it out.
    My conscious tells me otherwise.
    Last edited by jadex; 30 December 2015, 05:19.

Re: Clearscore (Experian)

Originally posted by jadex View Post
    My conscious tells me otherwise.
    Exactly my thoughts

Noddle has the same data - why mess about?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's an Equifax 'report' they provide, not Experian.

Checking your report can trigger an alert to creditors if any of them are subscribed to the CRAs various tracing and alert services, and something on your report request - especially things like new addresses - causes an update of the sort they have asked to be alerted for.

In short, unless you have an overriding reason to check, leave well alone.
      Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 29 October 2015, 16:52. Reason: changed the 'C'
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Last year (5 years after starting my UE journey) I had to obtain copies of my credit files from both Experian and Equifax and, although I cannot prove any connections, shortly after that (3-4 weeks top) got a number of letters from DCAs "wishing me well".
        Its not a coincidence, its possible to 'flag' accounts to DCA's where debtors check their scores, or inadvertently update their information (such as address)

Anyway, as am edging towards SBs (last payment in the first half of Dec 2009), should I hold on my urge and DO NOT register with Clearscore?
        See above - I'd personally stay below the radar being that close to becoming SB
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          See above - I'd personally stay below the radar being that close to becoming SB
          Plus who cares about SB? Once it's gone - that's ultimately ALL that matters.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm not very impressed with Clearscore. The other half signed up with them and it doesn't show half the data or Defaults that's on Noddle. According to them everything is rosey yet still a crap score of 280 out of 700.

Positive

You have no Court or Insolvency data

You have no accounts in Default or Repossession

You have been on the Electoral Roll at your current address for a long time

You have made very few applications for credit in the past year

You have held at least one of your accounts for several years

You have very few / no accounts in arrears

Your largest credit card limit is relatively high

You have stayed within your credit card limit in the past year

Your total credit card % utilisation is relatively low

You have very few / no secured loans or mortgages that have been in arrears

Your current Telecoms balance is relatively low

Your total mail order % utilisation is relatively low

Negative

What a load of ballcocks

Comment

I got as far as entering my email address before deciding to quickly check on here before going any further which is when I found this thread.

I didn't go any further once I read this but still this morning I get an email saying "credit scores should be free, yours nearly is" I didn't open it.

Note to self Never put in email address unless happy to be contacted"

Comment

Working...
              X