GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCAs and CRAs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCAs and CRAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCAs and CRAs

Hi all

Just thinking and don't know the answer so......have a couple of things that are definitely SB and have fallen off the credit report. From time to time one of the DCAs does a check presumably to find out where i live so they can send me christmas and birthday cards etc So my query is if i dont have any account with them, things are statute barred and i havent acknowledged anything etc do they have the right from a data protection perspective to undertake searches with the credit reference agencies? Just wondered whether there was any case law or anything or can they do this as long as they 'own' any alleged debt? Be interested on what folks think.

Thanks

Tierisch

Re: DCAs and CRAs

Any searches should show as soft / other searches (only visible to you) if the 6 year default has expired. If it shows as a Debt Trace on Noddle, for instance, then you could dispute it saying you owe nothing and want the search purged.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy....but do they have right to do such searches. If SB can the individual tell the CRA that the DCA has no right to search for their information and so block /refuse them?

Comment

Being SB doesn't restrict them asking you to repay. They just can't enforce you to pay.

The debt still exists so yes they may search you however as stated ONLY you *should* see the search.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X