GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Just received a "Parking Charge Notice" from Parking Eye. My wife waited in a car park sitting in the car waiting for someone for 1 hour. Unfortunately she was caught by CCTV entering and leaving the car park so Parking Eye think she was parked for that length of time. The full details are as follows which may be a good case for appeal:

My wife took my son (who is disabled) to hospital and waited for him in the car park. The car park is brand new and this is the first time she has used it. She waited in the car and did not pay for parking. She was there for 1 hour. We have been back since where I noticed 2 things:
    1. The signage is placed too high and the terms and conditions text is too small to read. I took a photo of this for evidence. It's impossible to read without a step ladder.
    2. There doesn't appear to be any pay machines to make payment. I noticed signs to pay online though.
    I have until 6th Dec to pay £40 or £80 thereafter. My wife is upset as she thought she was waiting and not parking so didn't need to pay. Maybe it says something about waiting in the T&Cs but there's no way to read them. There were plenty of free spaces. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks.

Re: Parking Eye Parking Charge Notice

Mystery1 is the expert on parking so maybe PM him with a link to this thread.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
      Mystery1 is the expert on parking so maybe PM him with a link to this thread.
      Hi Pixie thank you for your help. I have indeed PM'd Mystery1.

Comment

Great!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Can i see the PCN in a sanitised form ?

Have you tried PALS to see if they can get it cancelled ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1, thanks for your reply. I appealed to parking eye via their online appeals form and they cancelled it. I laid it on thick and it worked. Sorry I didn't see your message earlier I thought I would be emailed but wasn't. Happy new year everybody

Comment

Well done sebaab

I also got my Dad's Parking Eye charge cancelled though it took six months and them twice saying they hadn't received letters, even though I'd obtained proof of posting for the second one (which was authorising me to act for him. The first was the actual appeal.) They got a very stern letter from me then which I sent recorded so they couldn't say that they hadn't received it. I really do think that they try it on hoping that you'll pay just to make them go away. He had broken down and had been towed to the car park.

Comment

Thanks Pixie. I think you are right they do try it on. I read somewhere that in 2012 they issued 600,000 notices. Glad you got yours overturned too. I don't know how they sleep at night!

Comment

Working...
                X