GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CIFAS Category 6 Fraud Marker Successfully Removed 2017 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIFAS Category 6 Fraud Marker Successfully Removed 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS Category 6 Fraud Marker Successfully Removed 2017

This week I successfully got a CFIAS marker that was incorrectly put against my name removed!

A few months ago i got a text message from my bank saying they were closing all of saving and current accounts and i would need to go into branch and withdraw all funds with proof of where they had come from. Apparently an internal review had brought up that there was a CIFAS marker against my name and due to my risk to them they had to close my accounts. This meant i had to move all direct debits to family members accounts, collect rent in cash, pay my mortgage in cash and get my salary paid into a familiy members account for them to withdraw for me. A whole lot of issues that i could have done without .After a long couple of weeks worrying trying to work out what was going on i found this site and started looking through other peoples experiences wit CIFAS markers. After sending off for the information from CIFAS i saw that Santander had put the marker against my name for 'misuse of facility' 'mortgage' 2 years ago and i only found out about it now as i had tried to open a new business account. Looking back though all correspondence with Sanatnder i found the letter giving me permission to rent this property and started to put together a letter with all relative information to send into the complaints department.

After 2 weeks of no response i resorted back to this website and was advised to forward the letter by email to the CEO of Santander asking them to review and respond. After two days i got an email back from the executive complaints department asking me to give them a call. Thinking they were going to fire loads of questions at me putting me on the spot i gave them a call, a woman from the executive complaints answered and after confirming some security questions she confirm that the marker had been removed and a letter would be sent out to confirm this in writing. I received this last night so the next step is to get a new bank account set up and get things back to how they were!

glad things worked out for you x
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It’s good to hear that everything is now sorted and thank you for sharing your experiences on this site to help others.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X