GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Bradford Exchange not refunding payment to wife - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bradford Exchange not refunding payment to wife

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bradford Exchange not refunding payment to wife

Wife collect coins. (normally from the Royal Mint)

Signed up to Bradford Exchange as she saw a few coins she liked. Upon receiving them, they sent her 4 different coins as the ones they had were not available so sent her substitute coins instead.

She contacted them, and was sent a returns envelope

They sent her a jiffy bag for returns for ALL coins, taken 2 weeks to get partial refund back to her bank account but has not refunded for the other 2 coins. Saying that they had not received the coins (strange as ALL were in same bag) and has partially paid refund.

Spoken again on phone to a supervisor (yesterday) who said that she will call back, never did. (Wife spoken to Trading standards (and gave all details what she as done) and informed that she has a case against them).

Have we got a template letter with a strong wording to pay up or else small claims against them?

Thank you in advance for any pointers or help

(possibly something else to put on forum for winning cases against these people? as i seem to see a lot of complaints about them!)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: The Bradford Exchange not refunding payment to wife

Post your complaint on their Facebook page. That should attract attention and a quick resolution.

Is this them: https://www.facebook.com/BradfordExchange

Use the power of Social Media to your advantage

Comment

Hi 5corps,

Can't really offer any advice but just wanted to say that I am not surprised that you find this company not easy to deal with.

I have bought plates from them in the past and been inundated with various mailings - I did quite like the plates but the quality was very average and I found out that it would have been much cheaper to buy the same plates second-hand from eBay. In other words, they do not hold their prices! Not sure where the word "Exchange" comes from as I strongly suspect that they would not be interested in giving a fair price if I wanted to exchange them.

I think PlanB is right about using social media in your favour and I certainly don't mind your mentioning that I was not impressed by their quality. (I do not "do" Facebook so can't post anything myself.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Phoenix,

If i had knew, i would've told the misses before she signed up to start with. That is what i have learnt from this site 5 years ago!!!

Comment

update;

They called this morning, and said they refunding remaining within 10 days. So told the wife to get that in writing, to follow up in case they don't. as they said it;ll take 10 days to replace.

Comment

ALL Payment been Refunded back! - CLOSED

Comment

Result!
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Must say O.H. and I used them years ago for collections and no problems. even though hesitant during that time.

Comment

Working...
                X