GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DENTAL TREATMENT AND JSA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DENTAL TREATMENT AND JSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DENTAL TREATMENT AND JSA

O.H. has had a bill for £13.00 + £65.00 Penalty charge from NHS dental Department stating prove JSA. so rang JSA Newcastle and they state contribution JSA not covered for free check up? we do not remember any information regarding differences in type JSA as eligible or not, all we knew she was on JSA , so rang NHS and they state send Appeal by E-Mail stating reasons for error, we have done this, and pointed out as JSA now only offered £1.48 p.w. not claimed, and that O.H. is living off my small pensions whilst looking for work, as the agency she was on with little or no work state redundancies at factory, let alone abuse from Jobcentre staff at times.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 February 2015, 12:52.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: DENTAL TREATMENT AND JSA

sounds like the surgery may have messed up very very very few of these actually checked, they normally just go through

Comment

I know I have had free dental treatment previously when being on JSA - pretty sure I have had it on both Income and Contribution based models, but things may have changed since then.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Think it is only Income related JSA and ESA that qualities for full NHS support, however if you are now not claiming JSA you may qualify under low income rules, It is also different in Scotland and Wales.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...me-scheme.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Think it is only Income related JSA and ESA that qualities for full NHS support, however if you are now not claiming JSA you may qualify under low income rules, It is also different in Scotland and Wales.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...me-scheme.aspx

NHS say send for form we have rung and they are sending, they asked when last dental and told them September last year oh! so probably not covered.

Comment

Thank you for your email; we will aim to respond within 2 working days.

In order for us to resolve your query, we may need to access your record. If you have not supplied your name, date of birth and address including postcode in your email, please reply confirming your details.

For general enquiries, you can now use the 'Ask Us' section of our website at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk.
            If you require any further assistance please contact us by email or telephone us on 0300 330 1368.
            Yours sincerely,

Comment

They are a bloody joke! I think the dental penalty fines are now run by the same people who issue TV licence fines and as its money / bonus orientated have clamped down and check everything.

I've had a right hassle with dental penalties over the last year and received 3 penalties all within a short space of time. I'm on ESA and thought I was covered but transpired I was only on contribution and not income related ESA! However, I'm in the support group of ESA and when I worked it out I should have been getting a combination of both contribution & income based ESA. The income part should have been around £11p/w which I never got. It was an error by the DWP as when I migrated from IB to the support group of ESA, they should have assessed me for both contribution & income related ESA but only gave me contribution based.

A defence to the dental penalty charge is if you can show that you did not act wrongfully, or with any lack of care, in respect of the charge in question. Because mine was an error by the DWP as I should have been receiving income related benefit (and believed I was), I told the penalty charge muppets to do one and if they still disagreed then issue a claim and we sort it out in court. Never heard anything more.

However, because of their greed to extract money from me which prompted me to do a benefit check and realised I had been missing out on £11 p/w income related ESA for a year and half, after a lengthy ding-dong with the DWP they have corrected their mistake and increased my ESA to include the £11 income based ESA and also backdated it 1.5 years with a nice little £850 into my account. So a big thank you to the dental penalty people.

Comment

You must ask the patient for evidence when they sign the declaration to say they do not have to pay NHS dental charges. Since April 2006, orthodontists have been required to complete form FP17 (see below), which includes the ‘Evidence not seen’ box.

Question:- failure by receptionist? to adhere to this requirement?

Sent this question days ago from NHS site to Dentist few days ago = no response at all?

Comment

Not sure if this helps any but may contain some useful info. Think it's from a FOi request I found on the web that details the internal procedure for the dental debt recovery.
                  Dental charges rules.pdf

Comment

Working...
                  X