GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Prescription Cost - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescription Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription Cost

The charge for a prescription is it per item ?

If you get more than one packet of the same item should you be charged more then once. ?

Mrs Deepie just got back form Boots ...they wanted to charge her 4 x prescription cost ....over £30 ...

All items where the same ....
    Last edited by Deepie; 21 October 2014, 12:17.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Prescription Cost

Am sure it is per item not amount of item

Comment

As I thought, go back and get a refund as it was just one item, an item is defined as how many on a prescription not pack size or number of pills.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...4052645AA8nYPr

Prescription Charges and Refunds

It seems to be that the thing about the national health service is that it is free health care so long as you are not ill! as soon as you require medication you have to pay out £8.05 for each item on your prescription. this being the case it is important to understand the system and ensure you are getting the medication as cheaply as you can.

http://www.focusondisability.org.uk/prescriptions.html
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 21 October 2014, 12:48.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        As I thought, go back and get a refund as it was just one item, an item is defined as how many on a prescription not pack size or number of pills.
        She asked for it back and handed it in at Superdrug ....she picks it up tomorrow..... I'll let you know what she gets charged .....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Um, i think its for the prescription (as a total) in Wales mate
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

If that's going to be a regular thing she'd be much better off with a prepayment certificate: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/PPC.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
              If that's going to be a regular thing she'd be much better off with a prepayment certificate: http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/PPC.aspx
              Thanks ...
              She's always been charged the one fee ...ie £ 8 what ever it is ....

It was just today the lady in Boots wanted to charge her x 4 .....saying you've just been lucky before to be charged only for one lot ....

and that's why she asked for her prescription back and went to Superdrug .....

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                Um, i think its for the prescription (as a total) in Wales mate
                Yes Wales and Scotland is different, here in England we get ripped off!

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                  Yes Wales and Scotland is different, here in England we get ripped off!
                  except for the carrier bags mate
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                    except for the carrier bags mate
                    I think I would rather pay 5p for a carrier than £8.20 for each item on a script .. that's 164 carriers per item ...

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                      I think I would rather pay 5p for a carrier than £8.20 for each item on a script .. that's 164 carriers per item ...
                      absolutely mate, just a bit of tongue in cheek

Comment

If person is long term medication (for ever). Then you get a NHS Medical card.

my parents are both on long term medical prescriptions - they pay £100 a year (or something like that), and they don't pay any extra unless its a New medicine that is not on there yearly prescription list.

the wife gets medicine for her under active thyroide, and histamine pills But she doesn't pay anything as she has a NHS Card (alternaitve medicines she has to pay).

both scenarios are based in England (although my parents are retired under age 70)

i think the current prescription are £8.05 each (so that'll be total), When i was on Tramadol - i said to the Doctor can you make out the prescription for 1 month supply rather than weekly (coming in every week), due to not having to pay 4 times the prescription

Help and Perscription costs pplus for over 60's or (partner - NHS tax credit exemption certificate)

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...tioncosts.aspx

Comment

They also now have a duty to care for the public purse so they will never now issue long term supplies, for example if you usually get 3-6 months supply of medicine they now only seem to give a month, then you go back..... it's a con.

In Scotland I never had any of this, last time I went to a Dr was like 20+ years ago but when I tried to make an appt the other week (dry hands) I was told 2 weeks wait - I would be better by then! Then suddenly an appointment appears, go see the doc to get a prescription with 2 items costing £16 - I was like WTF, last time I came to Dr it was free....

Joke, the NHS needs its arse kicking.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            They also now have a duty to care for the public purse so they will never now issue long term supplies, for example if you usually get 3-6 months supply of medicine they now only seem to give a month, then you go back..... it's a con.

In Scotland I never had any of this, last time I went to a Dr was like 20+ years ago but when I tried to make an appt the other week (dry hands) I was told 2 weeks wait - I would be better by then! Then suddenly an appointment appears, go see the doc to get a prescription with 2 items costing £16 - I was like WTF, last time I came to Dr it was free....

Joke, the NHS needs its arse kicking.
                            No the Govt needs it's arse kicking as nearly all the ills with are due to underfunding, redundancies of key medical staff and sell off's GP'S, Nurses, Doctors and other medical staff are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

All the experience these had built up over many years is being lost and now they have realised and are on an employment drive after paying millions in redundancy packages.

PFI's started under John Major is also costing a fortune .

BTW are meant to be the United Kingdom so why does Govt have different rules for England, Scotland and Wales?

Comment

I have an Exemption Certificate, so get all my medication free of charge, I believe that there's a list of illnesses that a covered by this but you have to ask for it, they don't offer it.

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1126.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X