GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SCS faulty after delivery - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCS faulty after delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCS faulty after delivery

Hi there,

I bought a sofa from SCS back in January. The sofa arrived about 6 weeks later. After delivery we noticed some damage on the sofa which was reported within a few days. They sent out a technician to look at the damage, he took photos and sent a report to SCS. I said I didn't want a repair on a brand new £4000 sofa but would accept having the damaged parts replaced to which they agreed. To cut a long story short we have had months of chasing SCS for them to say they are waiting on spares, the factory is on shut down and other excuses. At this point I have had enough and I've told them I want them to collect the sofa and give me a full refund. I had a salesman contact me yesterday who obviously doesn't want refund me and has offered me all sorts including a new sofa if only I stay with SCS. I refused and said I still want a refund. He then claimed it would be difficult to get a refund as I'd had the sofa for 6 months or so. Even though I'd reported the damage within 14 days of receiving the sofa.

Where do I stand with regards to a refund? Do I have to accept a repair even though the goods were delivered faulty after this time?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

P.S I paid a deposit with debit card and have finance through Creation finances. I'm also in Scotland if this makes a difference.

Re: SCS faulty after delivery

you need to write a letter setting out the problems with all the dates and promises contained . Then ask for your money back.

If they money is not forthcoming, you need to go to the council trading standards and complain.

I have had a problem with these shysters as well, manager was extremely aggressive and an utter pain in the butt, but I did get the money back that was owed. You need to be strong, look up the trading rules and don't give them any more time to procrastinate.

let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The salesman was very pushy on the phone. I must have repeated myself about a dozen times that I wanted a refund.

The main thing I was worried about was when he told me it would be difficult to get a refund as I'd had the sofa since March.

I'll get a letter typed up this weekend fingers crossed I get somewhere.

Andy

Comment

How did you report the damage?
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Reported by phone within an hour or so of receiving the sofa

Comment

A pity it wasn't in writing. Did they make the technician's appointment when you phoned them?
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They use a third party company called FIRA for the inspection. The called within a couple of days to organise for the technician to come out to inspect. He was on holiday so it was delayed 10 days or so. He took photos and sent a report to SCS head office of which we didn't get a copy.

In hindsight I wish I had either emailed or at least followed up with emails but I (naively perhaps) didn't envisage being in this situation.

Thanks
              Andy

Comment

Sorry - it's 'FIRA Service Technicians'

Comment

How did you pay? Cash (debit card) / credit card / finance?

Hold fire, I'll ask our solicitor for advice. Back shortly....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I paid the deposit on debit card and took finance out through Creation Finance.

Thanks,
                    Andy

Comment

Ok - sit tight. Don't do anything yet till I come back to you as will check with solicitor for you.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Will do. Thanks for looking into it for me! 🖒
                        Andy

Comment

Solicitor has drafted a letter for you (yea, at 10pm on Sunday).

I've email it to you (check spam folder) - you'll also see solicitors (Jo) contact details should you require further help.

Good luck.

Comment

That's brilliant, thanks so much! I'll get it printed and in the post ASAP.
                            I'll follow up when I hear back from them.

Andy

Comment

Letter as follows. Copy to sofa shop manager & a cc to creation finance (Birmingham address) - put finance number on cover letter saying "see attached - it's self explanatory blah blah". Don't go any further with creation or get arsey with them (yet). Just copy them in so they know there's a complaint.

[Your address]
                              [Sofa company address]

Dear

[Reference: invoice number]

On [date] I bought a sofa from you and it was delivered on [date]. I notified you on [date] that the [item] had the following problem: [add details].

You collected the sofa on [date]. Etc [detail any further collections for repairs etc].

The sofa has still not been repaired satisfactorily.

Consumer Rights Act makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. As you are in breach of contract I am rejecting the sofa and request that you refund the sum paid to you of [£0.00].

I also require you to confirm whether you will arrange for the sofa to be collected or will reimburse me for the cost of returning it.

If I do not receive your satisfactory proposals for settlement of my claim within seven days of the date of this letter, I intend to issue a claim against you in the county court without further reference to you.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Working...
                              X