GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Merchants Rentals Plc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merchants Rentals Plc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchants Rentals Plc

Has anyone got advice to give regarding what I consider unfair contractual terms of Merchant Rentals. We hire a card machine from them and they are asking us to pay £200 when the contract is terminated. We have fulfilled our term and given correct notice. The salesman never mentioned this condition when we signed the contract. Had we known, alarm bells would have rung and we would have avoided the company.
    Last edited by Be fair; 19 July 2012, 13:24.

Re: Merchants Rentals Plc

Originally posted by Be fair View Post
    Has anyone got advice to give regarding what I consider unfair contractual terms of Merchant Rentals. We hire a card machine from them and they are asking us to pay £200 when the contract is terminated. We have fulfilled our term and given correct notice. The salesman never mentioned this condition when we signed the contract. Had we known, alarm bells would have rung and we would have avoided the company.
    I'm sure someone else here had a similar problem..

Hang on let me check.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      I'm sure someone else here had a similar problem..

Hang on let me check.....
      Yep thought so, Carol is best to ask

---> merchant rentals hire agreement - allaboutFORUMS

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

hiya sorry can not give you much advice on this, we had the same deal last year, contract was up in december asked them in july to terminate the contact in december, only to find out we had to give a years notice to get out of the contract or we would be be forced into another 3 year additional contract.
        be very wary of these people as we now have a high court enforcement officer after us for a writ of 1200.00.
        they wanted us to pay 430.00 to get out of the contract, the last letter we recieved was 26/10/2011 from sovereign debt recoveries stating they would commence legal action.
        we have heard no more until my partner was passing our old shop and they guy who has the shop now told him the bailiffs had been there looking for him. They also left a letter at his sisters house too and tried to seize their car but after her showing them the car did not belong to him they have not been back.
        they obtained a ccj on 9/02/2012 from northampton but when we have searched this on trust online(thanks to niddy pointing me in the right direction nothing shows)
        the contract states hire agreement regulated by to the credit consumer act 1974 but im not sure if rental agreements fall the same as credit agreements but we recieved no default notice, no court papers, nothing.
        sorry i can't be of more help,
        Last edited by carol01; 19 July 2012, 16:47.
        ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Originally posted by carol01 View Post
          they obtained a ccj on 9/02/2012 from northampton but when we have searched this on trust online(thanks to niddy pointing me in the right direction nothing shows)
          If it is not on Trust Online then it does not exist.....

Comment

If it is not on Trust Online then it does not exist.....
            i could only search the name and address as the hceo have stamped over the county court claim number, so i can't make it out i have paid our local court 20.00 the guy is going to go through every name and address given to him to see if any ccj does exist
            Last edited by carol01; 19 July 2012, 15:30. Reason: spelling

Comment

i could only search the name and address as they have hceo have stamped over the county cout claim number, so i can't make it out
              but if there is nothing on Trust Online then there is not a judgment - you search trust online using your name and address (not claim number). obviously this will be the shop address and not your home address

If there is a HCEO then there will obviously be a judgment, all I'm trying to say is maybe you searched the wrong details on trust online?

Comment

i searched the shop name and shop address, partners name shop address,shop name sisters address, partners name sisters address, i also searched our address too but all came back clear so i shall wait and see what the local court says.

Comment

i searched the shop name and shop address, partners name shop address,shop name sisters address, partners name sisters address, i also searched our address too but all came back clear so i shall wait and see what the local court says.
                  weird eh? If there is no judgment they cannot send any bailiff let alone enforce it to a HCEO

Comment

weird eh? If there is no judgment they cannot send any bailiff let alone enforce it to a HCEO
                    i know but no court papers were ever sent to his sisters address have checked or the shop address as they guy who has our shop now passes all letters to us, on the hceo writ it states partners name and sisters address which came back clear from trust online

Comment

i know but no court papers were ever sent to his sisters address have checked or the shop address as they guy who has our shop now passes all letters to us, on the hceo writ it states partners name and sisters address which came back clear from trust online
                      hmmm, check it out with the court, it may not actually be valid and a HCEO cannot get involved unless ordered by the courts....

---> Welcome to the home of the High Court Enforcement Officers Association's Website - HCEOA

You're not being hassled by Marston are you

Remember they can force their way into commercial premises....

HCEOs are authorised by the Lord Chancellor and work privately or in private companies. HCEOs work under the authority of a Writ of Fieri Facias (Fi Fa). This is issued when a County Court Judgment, Order or Tribunal Award is transferred to the High Court for enforcement via Form N293A and a court fee of £50.00. The transfer process normally takes between 5 and 21 days.

If successful, the HCEO will collect your judgment debt, your court costs, your £50 transfer up fee, interest at 8% and their fees, costs and charges from the defendant.

HCEOs earn their fees from the judgment debtor, but only when they collect. If the HCEO is unable to collect, there is an industry regulated abortive fee of £60 plus VAT paid by the creditor for each address visited. Other than the abortive fee, the HCEO receives no income for an unsuccessful enforcement.

As a result, HCEOs tend to have significantly higher collection rates than those of the County Court Bailiffs, who are salaried without any financial incentive to collect.

Unlike the County Court Bailiff, the HCEO does not have to give the judgment debtor any advance notice of their intention to collect, giving them the advantage of surprise. HCEOs are also permitted to force entry into commercial premises to enforce, a power not permitted to County Court Bailiffs.

Comment

hmmm, check it out with the court, it may not actually be valid and a HCEO cannot get involved unless ordered by the courts....

---> Welcome to the home of the High Court Enforcement Officers Association's Website - HCEOA

i know been there had that done whole other story lol
                        no we don't have a commerical premises now we have a storage lock up that only we know about so eveything is safe there guy at shop said he is not telling them where he is and sister has said the same so until we know all the facts we are going to lie low just for a little while. oh and yes bailiff name is in the hceo register first thing i checked

Comment

and no its not marstons its hceo in swansea 141 walter street don't know why them we have several in our area

Comment

Hi I too have now fallen foul of this Merchant Rentals agreement and they say I owe £439 for not giving them 12 months cancellation. What happened to you in the end did they take you too court. They sign you up as Handepay so merchants beware and cancel your contract within the time limit else they will give you a default notice

Comment

We're aware of this. Let me ask Andrew, solicitor, to pop in and see what he says.

Sit tight. Try not to worry.

Your thread is here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...TALS-CONTRACTS

Comment

Working...
                              X