GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SCM Default Notice Received 23 June 2011 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCM Default Notice Received 23 June 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCM Default Notice Received 23 June 2011

So here's a DN received from SCM solicitors concerning my LTSB Credit Card account. I've uploaded the original DN from LTSB issued to me last year as well (for comparison). This is the same credit card account.

Questions I have concerning this SCM DN:

1. Can you have more than one DN with the same account with different dates and vastly different amounts?

2. SCM are not the creditors - shouldn't it be on LTSB headed paper?

3. I've never had a Platinum Mastercard - the terms & conditions very different to a Classic Credit Card which I had. Too small a mistake on it's own maybe but along with all the others?

4. Are they allowed to include the paragraph concerning interest on a judgment debt? Didn't think they were allowed to add interest on a credt card debt?

5. How can I work out whether they have the figures correct on this latest DN?

Click image for larger version

Name:	d1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1412656

Name:	d2.jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	1412658

Name:	d3.jpg
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1412660

MT
    Last edited by midastouch; 27 June 2011, 10:20.

Re: SCM Default Notice Received 23 June 2011

How many mistakes are they going to make....?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post
      1. Can you have more than one DN with the same account with different dates and vastly different amounts? Well on paper, but so long as the one with the CRA's remains as at the original default date - one debt = one default

2. SCM are not the creditors - shouldn't it be on LTSB headed paper? Haha - ooops, big mistake if they are not the assignees

3. I've never had a Platinum Mastercard - the terms & conditions very different to a Classic Credit Card which I had. Too small a mistake on it's own maybe but along with all the others? They cannot enforce this - don't let on about this mistake, keep it close to your chest

4. Are they allowed to include the paragraph concerning interest on a judgment debt? Didn't think they were allowed to add interest on a credt card debt? They can if it was in the terms... but as you query the validity of those terms, well....

5. How can I work out whether they have the figures correct on this latest DN? with a SAR and a lot of calculations.... they should notify you each time they add a charge so it can be worked out - however this is easy to remedy, you've better ammunition with the other points above
      See my comments, only comments based on what you have shown us though....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy.

If LTSB spent as much on getting their paperwork right and on customer service, they'd save themselves an awful lot of money in the long run.

MT

Comment

I know this is almost 2 years old, but that is the credit card default notice hubby received from lloyds in 2009, not even a month gone on missing one payment!

Comment

.....sorry i mean SCUM on behalf of lloyds but they are lloyds i thought lol.,

Comment

Working...
            X