GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard/Mercer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard/Mercer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard/Mercer

Why are Default Notices, issued by Mercers on behalf of BarclarCard deemed invalid ??

B/card - Master Card
    Issue Date - 25/01/2008
    Remedy Date - Before 11th February
    Balance - £10,232.45
    Amount due - £646.00
    Attached Files

Re: Barclaycard/Mercer

Morning Miss Molly

No paragraph re OFT Guidance leaflet

Presumably one wasn't enclosed either?

Shep x

Comment

No OFT paragraph plus remedy date would be 15th not 11th

That's a quick glance.

Issued on a friday so technically received what, the Monday?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

this is great info, mother received one for barclaycard as well, had a prior arrangement to pay less than min payment, so i guess it was sent as a matter of course.

wrote to them confirming this and said if i get no reply ill assume the arrangement still stands. Still havent had a reply.

I think im gonna have a look at the default they sent just incase its invalid, so i can use it later should i need to.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What do you mean? If she had an AP then unless she broke the arrangement they cannot default her, no.

Look for my thread in defaults section added in the early hours. That will help somewhat.

Here/---> Defaults - CRA Data Default Guidelines - allaboutFORUMS
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, i didnt know this.

I thought that if the arrangement was to pay less than the minimum repayment then she would be defaulted regardless?

Infact nearly every CC company has told her that for her to be able to pay less than the min payment she would receive a default notice? Are they talking Plop?

Just read that link, as far as i know, it was not longer than 6 months on the arrangement, and she always paid the agreed amount, i think i should look in to this.
            Last edited by SXGuy; 8 February 2012, 11:03.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok i found a letter from Mercers dated 16th November 2011, it says, thank you for your recent payment offer, please make your first payment of £1 on 16th December 2011, and make further payments each month for £1.

Then on the 1st January 2012, a default notice was serverd, asking to remedy the arrears.

So a) they did not wait 6 months before issuing a default, and b) my mother has complied with the agreement the whole time.

Is there a template i can send to ask them the remove the default based on this info?

Comment

See the link above and you'll see the letter I just did for that user.

Here:---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - whats the best way to pay a debt off with triton

You can edit that. It will suffice

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Molly View Post
                  Why are Default Notices, issued by Mercers on behalf of BarclarCard deemed invalid ??

B/card - Master Card
                  Issue Date - 25/01/2008
                  Remedy Date - Before 11th February
                  Balance - £10,232.45
                  Amount due - £646.00
                  Because *Mercers* isn't the creditor - Barclaycard is ?

PS Mine (I've got loads) never have Barclaycard written on them but maybe yours is blanked out?
                  Last edited by PlanB; 8 February 2012, 12:58. Reason: added a PS

Comment

PlanB, the only mention of B/shark is where Mercers claim to act for them.. Only the balance/arrears and account number are blanked out.

Shepherdess, nope.. no OFT sheet enclosed

I asked because I had heard pretty much what PlanB has said.. that Mercers couldnt issue a Default Notice because they werent the creditor.

Thanks everyone for your replies

Comment

Well that's what Garlok always posts so it must be true

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                        Not necessarily. People get things wrong, Garlok included.

However yes it is believed that mercers have no right to issue a DN unless they were assigned of course

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Fair enuff

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Not necessarily. People get things wrong, Garlok included.

However yes it is believed that mercers have no right to issue a DN unless they were assigned of course
                            Absolutely

Comment

As far as i know Mercers are an in house debt collection agency, i understand they are not the creditors, but are we sure its just not another trading name for barclaycard? wouldnt that mean they can issue DN's?

Comment

Working...
                              X