Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Debt

Hi

Looking for some advice ? I have old debt from 2007 and 2011 defaults. Up until Jan 2017 had been paying stepchange, although some companies bought and sold debt so many times I lost threads of who owned it. My Experian account now only shows two outstanding one from link financial and one idem, I have previous offered a settlement but been refused as they want income and expenditure. both these debt come off my Experian account next month. wonder what I can do? I also have debt from Lloyd's which are no longer on my Experian but I now have them calling my work with automated messages! is there anything I can do ? I live in Scotland

Hope

Hello and welcome
    as all debt companys work differently,It may be helpfull to let us know what debts you have/had and a bit of history about them. then we would have a clearer picture of how to advise you
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The debts which no longer show on your credit file may still exist. The whole CRA file vanishes six years to the day after the Default was registered regardless of whether the debt has been paid or closed etc. so don't get overly excited by their absence.

When you left StepChange in January 2017 did they send you a final statement so you can see who they were paying on your behalf? Some of them may have been DCAs working on behalf of the creditor or debt purchaser.

If/when a debt is sold the consumer must be sent a Notice of Assignment so you know who to pay and how to pay them i.e. bank details etc.

Unless you've moved house I expect they'll all start to write to you and I would suggest you send them a s 77-79 CCA Request as your response (unless you've already sent one in the past). There's a template letter for that here > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...mplate-letters

I note you live in Scotland where the court/legal procedure is different from the rest of the UK (let's hope you never need to know that ) but the Consumer Credit Act still applies.

Di

Comment

Hi welcome and good luck x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X